Will there ever be a cure for cancer?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
akv1984 wrote:Anita, why the hell were you not my biology teacher in 9th grade?
I learned more from you than I did from my teacher in a year!
Well, being a teacher pays less than being a researcher. :oops: Most basic high school teachers aren't very qualified, actually...

Although apparently my high school's AP chemistry was seriously kickass. He had an 100% pass rate for the AP Chem exam.

Anita18 wrote:
akv1984 wrote:Anita, why the hell were you not my biology teacher in 9th grade?
I learned more from you than I did from my teacher in a year!
Well, being a teacher pays less than being a researcher. :oops: Most basic high school teachers aren't very qualified, actually...

Although apparently my high school's AP chemistry was seriously kickass. He had an 100% pass rate for the AP Chem exam.
For my AP chem teacher, it's his first year teaching AP chem. Hopefully he does well. It's been two weeks of school and he seems pretty good so far. I also have him for physics too and he's good in that class as well.

I think the real question is "Would we ever want a cure for cancer"? Being able to cure all diseases isn't necessarily a good thing.
Well, for the record. "Will there ever be a cure for cancer" is a perfectly legitimate question. :P

Well... humans are destructive in their nature, literally, we are self destructive. I swear I heard this theory on that for some types of cancers, they think it will cure it, with the use of stem cells or maybe it was another horrible disease. Anyways if there is a cure it won't happen any time soon. maybe 30 years for a major breakthrough.

Strange stuff is happening. but who knows evolution is one of those things. people are changing more every generation, iI read something explain how people who are under 10 years old now... will expected to live up till 100.

Z. Cobb wrote:Well... humans are destructive in their nature, literally, we are self destructive. I swear I heard this theory on that for some types of cancers, they think it will cure it, with the use of stem cells or maybe it was another horrible disease. Anyways if there is a cure it won't happen any time soon. maybe 30 years for a major breakthrough.

Strange stuff is happening. but who knows evolution is one of those things. people are changing more every generation, iI read something explain how people who are under 10 years old now... will expected to live up till 100.
Cancer has nothing to do with evolution, since most cancers manifest when people are past child-bearing age. The longevity has mostly to do with advances in healthcare and sanitation. Although with the obesity epidemic, the Debbie Downers are saying that we may not live as long as our parents. :lol: