The Consanguineous Sex Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
30 years from now, some of us will be seen as bigots

Vader182 wrote:Guys, let's calm the fuck down and use science and math to very quickly clarify this bullshit fest.

Children of siblings have a 40% or higher increase in likelihood of having severe abnormalities.

Children of cousins, depending on what study you reference, is actually only around 4%. Some studies show higher. There are other arguments to be made against incest but if you're going to make a claim incest is harmless it is NOT. And because our programming as a species has us avoid behaviors that have high likelihood of fucking up procreation due to Darwin and all that, thus we have a huge aversion to incest. It fucks shit up. It's the exact same psychological trigger as to why we hate pedophiles.

There are other reasons incest is like, bad, but this is enough to condemn it for once and for always. If you want to fuck your sister, it's because your evolutionary mechanisms underpinning your behavior has failed you and is broken. Simple as that.

-Vader
These arguments convince me neither individually nor collectively.

40% increase of risk obviously doesn't equate to 40% chance. It's a serious increase, it's just, as I said, not a night and day difference. At all. Of course it would be a grave risk if it happened systematically but it never does and never will (I mentioned why it just naturally wouldn't), but society and law have enough mechanisms to operate against it as if it's a virus that has to be stopped before it spreads, which it isn't.

Speaking of viruses, what about HIV? And haven't we thought of enough ways to deal with its increased risk in gay couples?

Also, same-sex marriage "fucks shit up" too especially compared to what we're used to have and we're only yet to understand the actual psychological repercussions of it, and yet, we've all just went ahead and decided to support gay couples and grant them the right and deal with whatever issues may come in the future. I'm not saying it's the same thing or that it's just as problematic (or isn't), I'm saying "it fucks shit up" hasn't stopped us before.

Also if you guys want to talk "science" remember that reactions like you guys' are the opposite of that. It's not scientific to be easily outraged by some people's opinions about what is or isn't normal. And what does "that's why we hate pedophiles" even mean in the context of science in the first place, I feel like you guys're saying that we have to hate them because we have natural aversion to it, or because they're a threat or whatever. I feel like we've already started comparing things to things too much, like you'd compare it to pedophiles but I'd compare it to gays the more socially acceptable option would still win just because.

What bugs me is that we've come far enough to stop questioning what things are or could be and I don't think it's too radical or way too early to just consider what could be possible in the future, considering everything that's happened, and you know very well how easy it is to think that something negative is consequence to failed programming or behavior or whatever. When a certain practice is socially constructed as a taboo you literally create the conditions for other shady practices to happen within the same context and then just reconfirm the initial bias that problems only manifest because OF COURSE THEY WOULD, not because no conditions were created to deal with them.

This thread got weird.

Please stop and/or switch this conversation to a different section. Nobody wants to hear that you want to fuck your sister.

Let me make a controversial statement to get the discussion closer to the topic:
I think I'm more excited for this film than I am for Dunkirk right now.

I assume that Dunkirk will be the better movie and this will most likely end up being bad and/or almost certainly a BO bomb but as a sci-fi fan, I think it actually looks interesting so far. Whereas war movies, games, documentaries, whatever tend to disinterest me (with a few exceptions - Basterds, Ryan, ... Commando ;) ). If it wasn't for Nolan's name I'm pretty sure, based on the trailers, I wouldn't go see that film.

Thankfully, in my country, both movies are released at different weekends so I won't have to choose.
Last edited by LelekPL on May 25th, 2017, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverHeart wrote:This thread got weird.
What? Just a few people casually defending incest. Nothing weird happening here...

Pratham wrote:Image
omg best gif ever and so right

seriously virgo, call your doctor, fingers crossed his mind does work fine

Nomis wrote:seriously virgo, call your doctor, fingers crossed his mind does work fine
Maybe all the lawmakers in your country, who made the sexual act between siblings, legal, should also see their doctors. Hopefully people like that would remain in charge and not the likes of you. They punish it by death in my country. I guess we both were born in the wrong countries.

Anyway that was my final statement regarding this matter. Anything else thrown at me, if worth responding, I will take to pms.£

doesn't matter, it still aint right

polygamy is illegal too