The Consanguineous Sex Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
So I guess this is a thread now. :lol:

When the future generations of Nolanfans find this thread, my first post is going to look so odd. Like I suddenly decided to talk about this subject out of nowhere, with the most basic sentence you can use. Also people will be surprised that we keep talking about some forgotten film called Valeryan during our discussions. If Teddy doesn't throw it all into dumpster that is.£

should i download the nolanfans to my desktop?

Most people here mention siblings or cousins when they talk about incest. Which is fine, I guess, since it seems like the most common "form" of incest out there, but what about the kind of relationship where it's actually a parent-child form of incest? Are you down with that? I guess if we don't care, it's still none of our business, but I feel like the lines of abuse can become especially blurry here, since the whole relationship dynamic is totally different, with the parent most likely being in power, thus I'm having a hard time imagining such people ever having the ability to have equal positions in their relationship.

Ruth wrote:but what about the kind of relationship where it's actually a parent-child form of incest? Are you down with that?
No. Then again... I don't know. I mean, Imagine Jessica Alba being my mother. Like I don't know man what the fuck. :oops: :evil: :lol:

Even if Jessica Alba was your mom, you still wouldn't fuck her because as a mom, she will annoy you and nag you all the time. It doesn't matter how hot they are, they are still going to have those qualities kids hate in their parents.

Master Virgo wrote:@ Prince, precisely. People say this has nothing to do with any discussion regarding homosexuality but it has everything to do with it. The fact that we should all accept is that some people feel and think differently from us. They take pleasure in different things than we do. And they shouldn't be required to put a leash on their desires as long as there isn't any negative consequence to them. Plenty of siblings who love each other have to hide their feelings, because of the oppression of the majority. Just like how many homosexuals had to deny it in themselves throughout the years. If there is anything immoral here it's our prejudice and the fact that we repress people who we feel are different from us and we call failures of mankind, and then we force them to blend in with the rest of us, when there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they already are.
dafox wrote:None of you guys have addressed MV's point on why sterile incest is immoral. The best I could come up with is that this kind of tolerance will probably lead to more incest and therefore more incestuous offspring (which is 100% immoral) from careless fucking simply because theres more incest going on but sterile incest couples can't really be blamed for the carelessness of other incestuous relations. I'd be happy to see an argument that completely knocks this down since I don't want to have to feel the natural/reflexive disgust if I were to see incestuous people irl but I haven't seen any arguments here. This isn't something I've thought about much so I could jump ship pretty easily.
It's not like many people can have children and then hide them from the rest of the word, particularly the ones who are disabled. It's much easier to enforce laws against having children than having sex. But this is hardly limited to siblings. Every couple who want to have offsprings should consult with a geneticist and if the odds are too great, they should reconsider. If they still want to live together though, who are we to say otherwise.

The point is you can't call the act of drinking a small amount of alcohol immoral because some people can't handle it and overdrink. I'm not disgusted by people who want to taste a little bit of their champagne with their dinner, because of drunken assholes who beat up their wives and children.£
If you can make the slippery slope argument that I've mentioned greasier and steeper with some additional info on how likely and how bad the cultural effects would be then I would be for upholding a universal taboo on alcohol/incest, including for the more responsible people since these people can live perfectly happy lives just by looking elsewhere (plenty of other fish in the sea type of thing, plus heartbreak is kind of a part of life). We can't have something like an incest license for the more responsible people but yea there's a clear distinction to be made about responsibility/sterile relationships even though that doesn't help much with how I react to it viscerally.

But that's like saying we should make a taboo out of using knives because people can kill each other with them and we can't trust people not to use them in some harmful way. The fact still remains. Using kitchen knives when you want to slice potatoes, is not immoral.

Also in terms of legality, it's almost impossible for any law enforcement, particularly in a democratic country to keep record of who's having sex with whom when it's all consensual. So what is even the point of that. What they can do is to prosecute people who have decided to have children, even though they've been advised not to, by their geneticists. And that's really where the focus should be.£

Master Virgo wrote:But that's like saying we should make a taboo out of using knives because people can kill each other with them and we can't trust people not to use them in some harmful way. The fact still remains. Using kitchen knives when you want to slice potatoes, is not immoral.

Also in terms of legality, it's almost impossible for any law enforcement, particularly in a democratic country to keep record of who's having sex with whom when it's all consensual. So what is even the point of that. What they can do is to prosecute people who have decided to have children, even though they've been advised not to, by their geneticists. And that's really where the focus should be.£
If knives weren't so essential and there was a good alternative for our nutritional needs then getting rid of them would be a good thing. There is no need like that for incest which has alternatives (other fish in the sea) unlike kitchenware. Otherwise that would imply that this freedom to indulge in incest or unnecessary knife use would be more important than a certain amount of knife victims' lives/the quality of their children's lives. Of course laws have their limits, I meant keeping the taboo so that the people with little to no restraint are more deterred from inbreeding.

Y'all analogies really went south pole. Kitchen knives.