The Feminism Test - Let's expose ourselves

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
This isn’t really genetics though, is it? And kids ‘not knowing shit’ about anything kind of proves that, because a boy normally wouldn’t expect a girl to have a ‘traditional’ role in a household, or friends circle, because we’re not born with knowledge of how traditional gender “roles” work? Unless we’re brought up that way, and families instilling and passing down their shitty ideas and “traditions” onto younger generations is a problem

Normally, I’m not the one to care about how families raise their children, as long as the kids are safe and the parents aren’t, like, total crazies or something, but it sucks to notice really cool kids you actually know with kind hearts slowly absorb the bullshit from their environments and parrot those “ideals”

Ruth wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 8:28 am
This isn’t really genetics though, is it? And kids ‘not knowing shit’ about anything kind of proves that, because a boy normally wouldn’t expect a girl to have a ‘traditional’ role in a household, or friends circle, because we’re not born with knowledge of how traditional gender “roles” work? Unless we’re brought up that way, and families instilling and passing down their shitty ideas and “traditions” onto younger generations is a problem

Normally, I’m not the one to care about how families raise their children, as long as the kids are safe and the parents aren’t, like, total crazies or something, but it sucks to notice really cool kids you actually know with kind hearts slowly absorb the bullshit from their environments and parrot those “ideals”
That sounds like the "gender is a social construct" argument, which is, you know, bullshit.

There are natural, genetically determined differences between men and women, one of which is that women are better suited than men to care for children.

Now does that mean that every woman should become a stay at home mom? Of course not, but it does mean that when it happens, it's not because they've been conditioned to since birth.

In fact, if anything the conditioning and social construction has gone the other way, as women are told more than ever that they don't have to follow "gender norms".

I've been following the case. Makes me so disgusted.

I’m a feminist.

Interesting test. I wouldn't call myself a feminist or traditionalist though.

Seeing that the topic re-emerged, I took the test:

Not sure how to take the results, though :D

i don't think feminists would like to see us exposing ourselves