Manchester Arena Explosion

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rt-england
Police dealing with a “serious incident” in Manchester have confirmed a “number of fatalities”amid unconfirmed reports of an explosion.

Officers said that yet more people were also injured in the incident and warned people to stay away from Manchester Arena while they dealt with the issue. Officers did not release any further details on what has happened. A concert by the American pop singer Ariana Grande was being staged at the time.

wtf

Is there any update on what it could be? Some people were saying it was balloons popping and then it caused a panic, but that seems like a stretch to me....could be wrong.

EDIT: looking again, yeah there's no way that this was balloons popping wth

wtf.

19 confirmed dead. 50 wounded.

So far.

The incident apparently took place right outside the venue when people were leaving from the show.

Second device found. Police did controlled explosion apparently.

More clues that this was indeed planned but somehow didn't go as horrible as it could have.

19 dead and 50 injured so far is still horrible but the arena was packed and a lot of young people there.

Terrible news, my thoughts go out to all the families. Frightening to see something like that happen at an event that should merely be a fun and safe night out.

Also frightening that my father and little brother were there literally two weeks ago, this is pretty close.