Manchester Arena Explosion

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
RIFA wrote: What do you propose?
Well a muslim ban, of course! /s

Also, can someone link Joker's "It's all part of the plan" little monologue?

Surely fits the situation given that in the last 2 weeks there have been multiple ISIS attacks in other parts of the globe that resulted in over 100 killed and hundreds injured.

poplar wrote:This solidarity and support is futile. European politics must change if we want to survive. We're losing and this is absolutely terrifying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZiAQ9bKbk&t=21s
Its always annoying to see the Polish stereotype reinforced like that. I've been against organized religion, Islam especially since its by some margin worse than the others, for years, before it became the fashionable counter PC thing it is today but doing a ban and carpet bombing (the next progression since the US has been doing the less extreme measures for decades) won't make this go away. Idk what your impression has been when interacting with other people but if you antagonize others, especially with less and less restraint, the natural thing for them to do is to double down. This thing won't disappear by force since its a viral idea that romanticizes martyrdom. Why do people subscribe to this tribal superstition and take it so seriously? Because their lives suck for whatever reason and they're moved by the despair of other people who look and live like them. Increasing universal living and educational conditions is all that can be done, which also means not driving them towards this fantasy by not leaving them with nothing other than this superstition i.e. bombing, looting, and installing puppet dictators.

I have an upper class Muslim friend but that doesn't mean that he and his family are wholly educated or follow through on their educated thought since keeping tradition just for the sake of tradition makes no sense, especially when its based on a supposedly infallible text that is not only demonstrably wrong about real world facts but morally reprehensible e.g. warlord prophet, sex slaves etc. But moderates like them have things in their lives other than their superstition hence their lack of real commitment to their nonsense book. That may sound rude, arrogant and sanctimonious but getting rid of unwarranted tradition as well as other tribal instincts like prejudice along with increasing living/educational conditions are the only ways to solve this. This is very much a product of predatory inequality, which has only been exasperated by those at the top who are buddy buddy with the more financially oriented Islamists (the same ones who enforce Sharia Law and have civilians decapitated for writing things like this) e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPUBJaT ... O2P8nClk3Q

Straight disrespectful. And I know what Islam says about these moments of silence.

It's still disrespectful considering the Saudi crowd was chanting. :facepalm:

How long will Saudi Arabia be left out of the important talks? Sad how all these other countries are suffering in the Middle-East yet this place of straight cancer is always left out any conversation by the US. I guess too many financial and intelligence ties are a problem lol.