The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I see no value in those one sided articles. All the details and intricacies of those cases, the reasons for her actions or inactions are lost, and we can never estimate the why of things based on the limited data that they provide. We simply have to take the word of the authors, that she was in the wrong. This is a terrible way to judge anyone, based on.

Check this out for instance.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bac ... ng-n705056

Backpage was charged with child sex trafficking. But the article decided to completely ignore that fact. Clearly nothing but a hit piece ordered by Harris' future competitors.£

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp- ... _12219.pdf

It's early so name recognition reduces the amount of undecideds and Trump may or may not be the Republican nominee in 2020. Trump is stuck here in this poll against the non-leadership candidates at 41%-42% (not so far off the 40% with the same % of undecideds breaking for the incumbent in the 'definitely wouldn't vote for' poll posted recently) regardless of name ID. He received 46% of the popular vote in 2016.

The Democrats really needed someone who can get above 50% (name ID reduces the number of undecideds in a poll like above - many will go to the challenger once recognition goes up, but also some to the Republican candidate), because third party/independent candidate voters can cost them the electoral college again and screw it up. While the Democrats have an advantage with the shifting demographics of the country, the Republicans have a structural geography advantage where they can get in with less than 50% of the vote but Democrats can't (in 2000 and 2016). Also the added benefit of getting more Democrats in the state and federal elections elected the higher the popular vote goes. Democratic candidates as a group managed 53.4% in the midterms in 2018 with an 8.6 point spread.

um

that's pretty fucking huge

This motherfucker actually gave Nixon peace signs outside the courthouse

wtf bro

Get Me Roger Stone is pretty infuriating to watch, but the ending should be pretty ironic now after today's news. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

My guy Howard thinking about running as an independent

8-)

My guy Bloomberg telling him not to because it would just be stealing votes from the Dems tho.

Howard would make a dope President.

Still don't forgive him for what he did to the SuperSonics tho

Third party/independent voters are a key reason why Trump is president. Some folks thought, 'oh the Democrat is winning anyway, might as well vote for someone else.' When enough people have that thought in the aggregate it can swing the results of the election.

(click to enlarge)

H. Clinton Pop. Vote: 48.02% (+2.09)
D. Trump Pop. Vote: 45.93%
all others Pop. Vote: 6.05%

Third party/independent voters were larger than the margin of victory for a candidate in key states (in previous elections the non-two party vote was much lower except 2000 when again the non-two party vote spiking secured the election for George W. Bush).

Dodd wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 8:21 pm

My guy Howard thinking about running as an independent

8-)

My guy Bloomberg telling him not to because it would just be stealing votes from the Dems tho.

Howard would make a dope President.

Still don't forgive him for what he did to the SuperSonics tho
"Every billionaire is a policy failure."