The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Can someone quickly explain this memo to me in simple terms? Haven't been keeping up with what's going on.

Bacon wrote:
February 2nd, 2018, 2:15 pm
Can someone quickly explain this memo to me in simple terms? Haven't been keeping up with what's going on.
It's a political hit job written by staffers (such as Kash Patel) for Trump Congressional hatchet man Devin Nunes meant to obstruct justice in the Russia investigation and provide a pretext to purge the DoJ and FBI, a pretext like the one given for firing Comey ('he was mean to Hillary Clinton', remember that is what they went with at first.) They're trying to blame Hillary Clinton and law enforcement (including those appointed by Trump himself) for the Russia investigation.

tl;dr Trump is at war with the cops.
Last edited by MagnarTheGreat on February 2nd, 2018, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

as i understand it, this guys Nunes wrote a memo regarding the misuse of spying on ppl by the FBI. it's deliberately partisan in an attempt to undermine the Russia investigation

the committee voted to release it the other day but rejected release of the Dem's memo based on the same classified information as the Nunes's one

the memo is an interpretation of actual things that supposedly took place - it's (supposedly) based on actual classified info, but right now the popular belief is that it's a partisan, purposeful misinterpretation

at least, that's what i've gathered

to me, the only correct answer to this mess is: release the GOP memo, release the Dem memo, and then release the (redacted) classified info these are based on

EDIT: what the guy above me said
EDIT2: they released the Nunes one

yea as much as I hate the gop and the trump administration and all that, the FBI does suck for the most part and has been spying on citizens for almost its entire history.

TIME - Carter Page Touted Kremlin Contacts in 2013 Letter
Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page bragged that he was an adviser to the Kremlin in a letter obtained by TIME that raises new questions about the extent of Page’s contacts with the Russian government over the years.

The letter, dated Aug. 25, 2013, was sent by Page to an academic press during a dispute over edits to an unpublished manuscript he had submitted for publication, according to an editor who worked with Page.

“Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin in preparation for their Presidency of the G-20 Summit next month, where energy issues will be a prominent point on the agenda,” the letter reads.

Page is at the center of a controversial memo from Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, released this week.
http://time.com/5132126/carter-page-russia-2013-letter/

NY Times - Trump’s Lawyers Want Him to Refuse an Interview in Russia Inquiry

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/u ... rview.html
WASHINGTON — Lawyers for President Trump have advised him against sitting down for a wide-ranging interview with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to four people briefed on the matter, raising the specter of a monthslong court battle over whether the president must answer questions under oath.
Axios - White House: Trump lawyers in favor of appointing second special counsel

https://www.axios.com/white-house-trump ... 8ca51.html
Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah told reporters on Air Force One Monday that President Trump's attorneys have already approved the idea of appointing a second special counsel to investigate the FBI and Justice Department's actions during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to White House pool reports.

“What is this 'white trash'?”
“They're people just like me,” says Trump, “only they're poor.”
😮😟🤣

George W. Bush, on the dias, supplied what seemed likely to become the historic footnote to the Trump address: "That's some weird shit."
👍🤣
🤕