The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

NBC News - Tape shows Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein discussing women at 1992 party

'“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****.' (October 2016)

TMZ - Trump Spreads Fertilizer in Vodka Scandal (March 2008)
The Donald now is casting blame at the 17-year-old girl who ended up naked at his party. The girl showed up at Trump Vodka's Super Bowl party slinging his vodka without a stitch of clothing. Trump says she's just a publicity whore.

His reps tell TMZ -- with a straight face -- that Chanell Elaine Hallett crashed the party, and just happened to have her whole body painted with Trump Vodka logos. BTW, the so-called party crasher was allowed to serve up the vodka. Trump's rep says, "Given the circumstances, we can only guess that she crashed the event to seek publicity for herself."

ugh

The Washington Post - Trump falsely claims he tried to stop ‘Send her back!’ chants about Rep. Ilhan Omar

Mediaite - Maggie Haberman: Trump's Stoking Racial Tensions' a Strategy
Host Alisyn Camerota noted that Trump’s going after these congresswomen in such an incendiary manner was on his TelePrompTer, noting that the president “wasn’t just riffing…the incendiary stuff was written down. And that means they thought about it because it is a campaign strategy.”

She then noted that Haberman’s reporting suggests that the Trump campaign has decided that “stoking racial tension is going to be more effective than talking about the economy.”

“It’s not as if stoking racial tension has never been done before and it’s never worked before,” Haberman replied, adding, “politicians do it because it works.”

She then added that “yes, this is now a strategy” but one that was reverse-engineered by campaign staffers after Trump “tweeted something as a visceral reaction” to something he saw. She then noted out Trump effectively ran a “campaign of division and stoking tensions and inflaming tensions in 2016,” adding “he’s going to make that look like a quiet stroll through the park based on yesterday.”

It was nice watching Warren and Sanders combining to swat down the DINOs on stage today. Of course, as the field eventually narrows down, they'll be forced to differentiate themselves from each other, and their unofficial detente will break down - and you're damn right the media will make sure of it.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 2:51 am
It was nice watching Warren and Sanders combining to swat down the DINOs on stage today. Of course, as the field eventually narrows down, they'll be forced to differentiate themselves from each other, and their unofficial detente will break down - and you're damn right the media will make sure of it.
It might also be possible for both of them to be respectful towards each other whilst trying to differentiate themselves from each other.

Honestly it's one of the more absurd phenomena in American politics and history that young white Americans, most of them associating themselves with nationalistic, racist views, have murdered hundreds of American citizens in the past years, and most people are still afraid of some outside threat. It's really mindblowing to see leading figures, politicians let these mass murders play out. As a European and a Hungarian where there is literally no gun culture, I cannot wrap my head around how these things still happen.

That guys family is literally 4 houses down from my parents. FBI is all over the street.

Surreal

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 9:20 am
Honestly it's one of the more absurd phenomena in American politics and history that young white Americans, most of them associating themselves with nationalistic, racist views, have murdered hundreds of American citizens in the past years, and most people are still afraid of some outside threat. It's really mindblowing to see leading figures, politicians let these mass murders play out. As a European and a Hungarian where there is literally no gun culture, I cannot wrap my head around how these things still happen.
In the words of Childish Gambino: This is America.

Cilogy wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 10:21 am
That guys family is literally 4 houses down from my parents. FBI is all over the street.

Surreal
:shock: :shock: :?