The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Ruth wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 6:58 am
Pratham wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 2:41 am
How? Only one of them will be democratic candidate right?
yeah but the dems are divided enough to not vote for a candidate they don’t support, ultimately giving trump the upper hand, some may even vote “against”

i think it’s dumb as hell, these are the situations where picking the lesser evil should absolutely be the most logical conclusion, alas it rarely happens

or did i misunderstand this?
I recall 25% of Clinton voters voting for McCain over Obama in the general election in 2008. Compared to that, only 12% of Bernie voters switched to Trump in the 2016 general election and Sanders did everything in his power to convince people to vote for her after the primary. So I think the more left-leaning voters understand what you are saying but centrists and conservatives are generally more comfortable with right-wing economic policies in particular and so they have less of an issue voting for a Republican. They might care about social issues but not more than about their tax rates and their wallets.
Last edited by Batfan175 on June 28th, 2019, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The freaking charisma of this woman is off the charts, jebus. Going after those Obama voters who now want to vote for Biden. Damn smart move.

Ruth wrote:
Pratham wrote:
yeah but the dems are divided enough to not vote for a candidate they don’t support, ultimately giving trump the upper hand, some may even vote “against”

i think it’s dumb as hell, these are the situations where picking the lesser evil should absolutely be the most logical conclusion, alas it rarely happens

It tremendously hurst the Democrats to be so divided. It would be great if they'd unify under whoever gets to go up against Potus

pleasebebernie

Ruth wrote:
Pratham wrote:

It all seems overly convoluted to me tbh.

We have party agenda and party candidates here in India, which I guess is the case for most of the world.

Trump Jokes to Putin They Should ‘Get Rid’ of Journalists
Donald Trump joked with Russian President Vladimir Putin that they should “get rid” of journalists as they met in public at the G-20 conference of world leaders in Osaka, Japan. Indicating toward the journalists in the room, Trump said, “Get rid of them. Fake news is a great term, isn’t it? You don’t have this problem in Russia but we do.”

Ruth wrote:
Pratham wrote:

stateside we have 2 elections, one to figure out who will lead each party and one where the two parties run against eachother.

my concern is that warren and sanders believe in VERY similar policies and will divide votes between them for that first election, leading to neither getting the democrat nomination and somebody like Biden getting it instead.

I don't think Biden is particularly electable for a long list of reasons.

thus increasing the chances Trump gets elected again

thus we are doomed

-Vader

lol if Biden goes up against Trump it's going to be another four years Trump lol

Thread title should then be: Trumpocalypse Now 2.0: Again

honestly just call this thread trumpocalypse now redux

how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb would fit too

actually you can just leave out the part about worrying

doesn't feel like i'd be able to play 50% of games in my library

Kamala isn't charismatic at all. The attack on Biden was totally disingenuous, her acting played up for emotional appeal. Totally rehearsed. "I'm not saying you're a racist Joe, but..." Hopefully Pete Buttigieg wins the primary.