Terrorist Attacks in Paris, France

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
this happened during the France-Germany football game.

military forces have been sent on the streets.
At least 26 people were killed late Friday after gunmen opened fired at three locations in central Paris and took hostages in a concert hall, police said.

At about the same time, two explosions were heard at or near the the Stade de France, the national stadium, where Germany and France were holding a soccer match, the Associated Press reports. It was not immediately clear if the two events were related.

The newspaper Liberation said officials speaking over a loudspeaker at the stadium asked the crowd to evacuated calmly. French President Francois Hollande was at the game at the time and left to deal with the crisis.

Police said at least 26 people were killed in the multiple attacks, the Associated Press reported.

The shootings occurred in the adjoining 10th and 11th districts on the right bank of the Seine in central Paris outside the restaurant Le Petit Cambodia and the bar Le Carillon.

The French newspaper Liberation quotes a witness as saying two armed men got out of a car parked in the street and began firing. They then jumped back into the vehicle and fled.

Vincent Berthezene, a production assistant for France2 TV tweeted that shots from a Kalashnikov were fired from a car. "Bodies are on the ground," he writes.

A few minutes later, gunfire broke out near the Bataclan Boulevard Voltaire, southeast of the initial incident, as hostages were taken at the Bataclan concert hall.

At least 30-35 dead it seems... there's still a hostage situation and there are claims that more people have been killed.

Last edited by RIFA on November 13th, 2015, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just had come back from accompanying my gf to her flat when my friend told me the news, we're watching the news live, they're counting 35 dead for now

You could hear the explosion during the match.

Death count is 40 people and continue rising. 100 people held hostage in Bataclan theatre.

:cry:

Death toll estimated by 60 now

This is just going insane

Whats up with France and terrorist attacks

god this is terrifying

I am paralyzed

State of emergency has been declared. They might close the frontiers for now, which is good to hear

The French border has been closed off. No news on the hostages.

The world should be ashamed if it turns out to be Syrian refugees.