U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
LOL I was at work. So I couldn't be in a long debate that eventually goes nowhere. I just popped in to write a post that barely takes a few seconds.

Ruth handled the sexism claim brilliantly.

It's not that I can't engage in debates because I can, but I had work. Other posters in this thread did a good job of confronting you and your ridiculous claims. You can go on and on about how you love intelligent debates and how you get a kick out of deep discussions, but problem is, with a man like Trump and discussing a man like Trump, there is no intelligent debate here because it's clear as day that he's going to be a terrible President and he clearly isn't ready for the job.

Don't be triggered that I'm not responding to you. I'm just busy with work honestly. :lol:

Ruth wrote:^Did I specifically single you out? I am interested in hearing what you have to say about all of this, since I've provided you with proof, which, to me at least, is more than enough to prove that Trump's views are problematic to say the least.

Honestly, at this point, I just hope Trump is more of a populist rather than actually willing to do the kind of stuff he's been talking about. But that's just optimistic wishful thinking.
lol dude glossed over this response to write a few paragraphs about me not responding to him :lol:

Master Virgo wrote:There, you have it. Trump doing an insulting treatment of women way more than with men if at all. That's discrimination for you.
I am not convinced that this is the case. I've seen Trump insult a lot of guys, just take a look at the GOP primaries. If you have an aggregate of his remarks or some other source to see if your claim is indeed true, please provide. Otherwise, I can claim the exact opposite, that is that Trump does an insulting treatment of men way more than with women, and then which one of us is correct? I feel it really depends on what type of media exposure you have. If you've been watching CNN for the past year, for example, it would feel perfectly reasonable to assume Trump is hell-bent on discriminating women. But that may not be an accurate representation of reality.

Another point: Suppose he does, statistically speaking, insult women more often - can you conclude that this is a case of discrimination? I'm not sure this is such a black/white thing. One possible scenario could be that the insults came as responses to what the insulted women said about him or to him before. If a lot women say something about Trump that triggers a response from him, it isn't honest to say that it's due to Trump's discrimination against women. It just means that if we run the numbers, we'll notice that more women are engaging with Trump, and because he's actively engaging back, he insults more women than men.

akv1984 wrote:with a man like Trump and discussing a man like Trump, there is no intelligent debate here because it's clear as day that he's going to be a terrible President and he clearly isn't ready for the job.

Don't be triggered that I'm not responding to you. I'm just busy with work honestly. :lol:
Triggered is not a correct term to express my dissatisfaction with you. I am disappointed that I've stumbled upon another case of "Bill Cosby's Children Say the Darndest Things". You make it pretty clear that you aren't interested in an actual conversation. I won't be giving you attention any longer. :wave:

I should really start looking for people with your type of world view who've majored in exact sciences, or at the very least have some inclination towards philosophy. :think:

. He acknowledges that there are good people among those who cross the border, so I don't see a problem here.
So is that supposed to make it better? It's like when people tell me "All Indian smell. Oh except for you akv you smell good."

It's still really insulting when people generalize your entire nationality/race as being criminals but then they say "But some of you guys are good. Not all of you guys are good though."
You may object to the way he chooses to say it, and that's fine, but I think there is some value to the way he talks, not mincing words and not using euphemisms for example. I agree with you regarding Trump's rhetorical skills - he's not a paragon of eloquent speech. But then, I don't think eloquence is a necessary skill for a president. There are many other important, higher priority requirements that need to be considered.
Eloquence is a necessity. You can't just be President and spit out words like vomit the way Trump does. Thought, time, and preparation needs to be put into the words. It can be argued that Trump lost a lot of the Latina vote because of the irresponsible way he tried to address their problems.
You don't provide evidence to your claims. Saying Trump is stupid and unaccomplished over and over again does not make what you say true. I am skeptical calling Trump stupid or unaccomplished, simply because I am not affiliated with him and have no idea regarding the inner workings of his companies or Trump himself. From what little I know, and am decidedly assuming you know very little as well given the circumstances, I cannot allow myself to speak like you if I want to keep my intellectual integrity intact.

I remember when the media was pushing the narrative that Trump is a failed businessman, and that seemed very peculiar to me. You are essentially regurgitating this narrative here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/po ... p=cur&_r=0
I have to admit, I laugh out loud every single time I hear Trump's joke about Rosie O'Donnell. It is an extremely rude and insulting joke. I also enjoy a plethora of other non-politically-correct jokes that most definitely insult one group of people or another. I do not consider myself a sexist, misogynistic, racist Nazi monster, not even close.

I don't believe Trump is ill-intentioned towards women because he knows how to crack a joke about Rosie. You might be seeing oppression where others see liberation. I guess I'm trying to say, stop being a fucking pussy, learn how to take a joke, and develop mental tools that will help you discern between ill-intentioned people and entertaining assholes.
Hey, I enjoy a bad joke myself sometimes too. But Trump's jokes aren't even funny though. And his jab at Rosie is uncalled for honestly. It was dumb, stupid, and he was being a bully and there is no humor in that. Maybe you just have a bad sense of humor.

Demo wrote:
akv1984 wrote:with a man like Trump and discussing a man like Trump, there is no intelligent debate here because it's clear as day that he's going to be a terrible President and he clearly isn't ready for the job.

Triggered is not a correct term to express my dissatisfaction with you. I am disappointed that I've stumbled upon another case of "Bill Cosby's Children Say the Darndest Things". You make it pretty clear that you aren't interested in an actual conversation. I won't be giving you attention any longer. :wave:

I should really start looking for people with your type of world view who've majored in exact sciences, or at the very least have some inclination towards philosophy. :think:
K.

And those types of people are probably on reddit tbh.

You can drop the schtick of being intelligent because it's rather clear a lot of the community here doesn't regard you as highly intelligent as you regard yourself.

I have a feeling this guy is the second account of someone around here.

RIFA wrote:I have a feeling this guy is the second account of someone around here.
Probably. This thread has been around for a year and gets bumped up constantly. I don't buy him stumbling upon it suddenly.

Wonder who it actually is. And if this is a second account, that's pretty lame.

This made me laugh my ass off though.
I should really start looking for people with your type of world view who've majored in exact sciences, or at the very least have some inclination towards philosophy.
Who even says shit like that? lmao such a try hard trying to look intelligent.

RIFA wrote:I have a feeling this guy is the second account of someone around here.
I don't think Demo is a second account.
Demo wrote: Triggered is not a correct term to express my dissatisfaction with you. I am disappointed that I've stumbled upon another case of "Bill Cosby's Children Say the Darndest Things". You make it pretty clear that you aren't interested in an actual conversation. I won't be giving you attention any longer. :wave:

lol.

I feel like a lot of you are reeeeally not treating demo with the same respect he's giving you. He's been nothing but respectful and open to communication with you guys.