U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Panapaok wrote:The most terrifying thing is not Trump but many of his supporters who ate up his populist agenda and are sexist racist scumbags who who will go around thinking they are allowed to act however they want. Minorities will suffer in their everyday lives because of Trump.
According to the vote, that would be half the population (with many of them being minorities themselves). That's a pretty large brush stroke you painted there.

Dodd wrote:Kanye 2020 plz
Sadly, I can totally see this happening now that Trump fucking won

fuck this

ChristNolan wrote:
Panapaok wrote:The most terrifying thing is not Trump but many of his supporters who ate up his populist agenda and are sexist racist scumbags who who will go around thinking they are allowed to act however they want. Minorities will suffer in their everyday lives because of Trump.
According to the vote, that would be half the population (with many of them being minorities themselves). That's a pretty large brush stroke you painted there.
Large brush strokes or not, but it's almost certain that similar to the aftermath of Brexit, lots of people will feel like their sexistic, racist and overall shitty views have been normalized and justified, so they'll feel much more free to express them openly.

Ruth wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
Large brush strokes or not, but it's almost certain that similar to the aftermath of Brexit, lots of people will feel like their sexistic, racist and overall shitty views have been normalized and justified, so they'll feel much more free to express them openly.
People like that already do all of those things? Whether or not a candidate they are supporting wins would not have changed that.

Dodd wrote:Kanye 2020 plz
Dodd, please don't talk politics anymore. Last time you talked about that we got Trump :P

JohnConstantine wrote:
Dodd, please don't talk politics anymore. Last time you talked about that we got Trump :P
I'm a Canadian dude living in England. My hands are clean of this mess ;)

Dodd wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:
I'm a Canadian dude living in England. My hands are clean of this mess ;)
Oh please.

JohnConstantine wrote:I vote for Australia for the best place to go. Europe will go to shit also in the near future.

Now people, be nice to our aussies nolanfans, you'll never know when we'll need to find a place there to stay.
Welcome to the country of Spiders, drop bears and snakes, and expensive things . :P But seriously, not sure if Australia's any better, honestly.
Last edited by Havoc1st on November 9th, 2016, 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChristNolan wrote:
Minorities can't be sexist, racist, or climate change deniers? Today I learned.

ChristNolan wrote: People like that already do all of those things? Whether or not a candidate they are supporting wins would not have changed that.
After Brexit happened statistics recorded substantial increases in crimes and hate-speach against non-natives as well as foreigners that have been citizens for many years. Whether that had existed before that has no relevance. And that's Brittain, the place where you don't see black people shot every week or so.

Electing someone who approves extreme and hateful actions with his rhetoric won't actually help eliminating social turmoil.