Germanwings plane crashes in French Alps

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Ruth wrote:I know DM is a funny shitfest, but since when this kind trolling just days after a tragedy like this is funny and acceptable?
Since the internet existed.

Ruth wrote:I know DM is a funny shitfest, but since when this kind trolling just days after a tragedy like this is funny and acceptable?
I'll admit, I feel really bad for chuckling. It's not acceptable.

Since never.

A guy over here also did the same thing: he claimed that her sister was in the flight, Germanwings' Twitter account sent to him the phone numbers for help and many people sent him their condolences... needless to say, he was (is) a big piece of shit.

ChristNolan wrote:
Since the internet existed.
Yeah. Even the internet can allow you to spot retards among normal people sometimes.

I'm sure there were people making fun of the Titanic or Hindenburg disasters back when they happened. It's just that the internet's given those people a louder voice with a longer range.

darthnazgul wrote:I'm sure there were people making fun of the Titanic or Hindenburg disasters back when they happened. It's just that the internet's given those people a louder voice with a longer range.
Weak excuses.

Nomis1700 wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:I'm sure there were people making fun of the Titanic or Hindenburg disasters back when they happened. It's just that the internet's given those people a louder voice with a longer range.
Weak excuses.
I'm not providing excuses. I'm just saying that the internet hasn't necessarily caused this type of "too soon" humour, just widened its reach.

Uh it's not like it's really that offensive, it was just some dumb baneposting, not like it's really insulting to the victims :roll: can't help if DM and other online news sites are dumb as fuck

The fact that there was no distress call on that flight me me suspicious right away. Also, the fact that it descended at 4,000ft a minute as opposed to the normal 1,400 ft a minute immediately suggested that something wasn't right. Seeker, you may say that wasn't alarming, but it clearly was. The Co-pilot/murderer put the auto pilot on and programmed the plane to plunge at a shocking rate. The sad thing about it is that the passengers had no clue what was going on until the final moments before impact, as they said they heard people screaming just before it crashed.

Horrible, horrible story.