Germanwings plane crashes in French Alps

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
prince0gotham wrote:The germanwings tragedy is making me anxious, im flying with em in two weeks
I hope it crashes and you're the only one who dies. :wave:

prince0gotham wrote:The germanwings tragedy is making me anxious, im flying with em in two weeks
You know what's worse? Going to a city for holiday a week after terrorist bombings and then being caught in the middle of the next wave of attacks.

You could say flights are the safest after a recent tragedy. Everybody is alert and I wouldn't be surprised if people do multiple double checks. I flew to NYC a week after the plane was shot down from 10 kilometers high in Ukraine last year. Even though it was on the other side of the planet to a place where they're really all about safety, I had little to worry about. Still, people I know knew people on that plane, which was rather close. Not to forget that my sister has flown over that area as well.

If i'm being honest:

I'm more worried about puking during a flight, than being worried about being in a plane crash.

So it's beginning to look like the co-pilot in the Germanwings crash deliberately brought down the plane.

Ruth wrote:^yes..

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32063587
holy fuck.. Honestly, this might sound cruel, but if he wanted to kill himself, he should've done it alone..
Well no one said he wanted to do it alone, precisely

Ruth wrote:^yes..

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32063587
holy fuck.. Honestly, this might sound cruel, but if he wanted to kill himself, he should've done it alone..
Cruel? Guy killed 150 people, I'm not seeing a regular anxiety/depression victim, if it's true and he's not linked to terrorism he's a sociopath.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:Waaat Renner gay?

For that co-pilot, I hope he burns in hell. Motherfucker.
You're reacting too soon. And, as much as I hate this scenario a lot, it's not a good idea to do that kind of stuff.
What? It's basically been confirmed, the investigators have found one of the black boxes. I don't give a shit on why he did this - if he did this on purpose, he can be the most depressed person of the whole planet for all I care, but he deserves hell.

Ruth wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:Waaat Renner gay?

For that co-pilot, I hope he burns in hell. Motherfucker.
You're reacting too soon. And, as much as I hate this scenario a lot, it's not a good idea to do that kind of stuff.
What? It's basically been confirmed, the investigators have found one of the black boxes. I don't give a shit on why he did this - if he did this on purpose, he can be the most depressed person of the whole planet for all I care, but he deserves hell.
They need the other one (Flight Data Recorder, the one that records the inputs and stadistics of the flight) to confirm their suspicions, so yeah, this isn't a total confirmation yet (and there's a chance that the investigation won't be 100% satisfyingn since crashes that involve pilot suicides are always problematic, just research about EgyptAir 990 or SilkAir 185). That's why I said that it's too soon to tell and to judge the guy. Of course you and Noomis may do it after the final report of the crash is released. My two cents.

As for justifying the guy for doing what he did if he commited suicide? Yeah, I won't do that.
Last edited by Atlas Retreat on March 26th, 2015, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.