Ebola

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

I just wanted to point out, and gloat for a minute, that not one person in the United States has Ebola. This after everyone in this country was essentially losing their minds and the media blatantly (and obviously) scaring them to death over this issue. It wasn't a major threat to our society, and that was obvious to anyone who took 5 minutes to study the issue. I'm convinced that people have a subconscious need to fear something, anything, and they want their precious government to protect them from it.

Skyab23 wrote:I just wanted to point out, and gloat for a minute, that not one person in the United States has Ebola. This after everyone in this country was essentially losing their minds and the media blatantly (and obviously) scaring them to death over this issue. It wasn't a major threat to our society, and that was obvious to anyone who took 5 minutes to study the issue. I'm convinced that people have a subconscious need to fear something, anything, and they want their precious government to protect them from it.
That's the thing these days. Most people don't take even a second to think things through. They see it on social media and freak the fuck out and take it for fact.