Love-shyness: what are your thoughts on the subject?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Bacon wrote:
Pratham wrote:Image
Ok, who is that? I've seen her regularly.
Natalie Dormer.

davids wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Pratham wrote:Image
Ok, who is that? I've seen her regularly.
That's me. :D
When will you answer my question if you came here to talk about this shit. It seems you don't actually want to talk and you're just here to troll.

What was the question?

RIFA wrote:
davids wrote:I think in American society it is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE TABOO subject
2 questions:

1. Why do you think that is?
2. Are you here on a movie forum talking about movies or you joined to preach?
OK, I went back a few pages. I'll answer:

1. Why do I think so? Because in my opinion love-shy men have even less respect than homosexuals have had. I think it's taboo to talk about because society will just laugh and ridicule much like they did to homosexuals 50+ years ago.

2. I am talking about movies mostly. I thought I was allowed to raise important topics in the world & philosophy section.

davids wrote:
RIFA wrote:
davids wrote:I think in American society it is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE TABOO subject
2 questions:

1. Why do you think that is?
2. Are you here on a movie forum talking about movies or you joined to preach?
OK, I went back a few pages. I'll answer:

1. Why do I think so? Because in my opinion love-shy men have even less respect than homosexuals have had. I think it's taboo to talk about because society will just laugh and ridicule much like they did to homosexuals 50+ years ago.

2. I am talking about movies mostly. I thought I was allowed to raise important topics in the world & philosophy section.
It's laughed at and ridiculed because it sounds like some made up bullshit.

People just want an excuse to be insecure or unconfident and still get what they want.

source: my own first-hand fucking experience

davids wrote:1. Why do I think so? Because in my opinion love-shy men have even less respect than homosexuals have had. I think it's taboo to talk about because society will just laugh and ridicule much like they did to homosexuals 50+ years ago.
I asked why do you think this subject is taboo for America and why do you think America seems to complicate things of this nature? I mean this topic is pretty much non-existent in Europe for example. Pretty sure it's non-existent in South America, Africa, and South-East Asia as well. Why do you think America deals so hard with basic natural things like "human relationships"?

RIFA wrote:
davids wrote:1. Why do I think so? Because in my opinion love-shy men have even less respect than homosexuals have had. I think it's taboo to talk about because society will just laugh and ridicule much like they did to homosexuals 50+ years ago.
I asked why do you think this subject is taboo for America and why do you think America seems to complicate things of this nature? I mean this topic is pretty much non-existent in Europe for example. Pretty sure it's non-existent in South America, Africa, and South-East Asia as well. Why do you think America deals so hard with basic natural things like "human relationships"?
Because a lot of North American people are a bunch of self-entitled babies who want to paint themselves as a victim. I find many people have a chip of their shoulder and to open some sort of cultural dialogue to get sympathy when in reality no group is oppressing them.

Dodd wrote:
RIFA wrote:
Because a lot of North American people are a bunch of self-entitled babies who want to paint themselves as a victim. I find many people have a chip of their shoulder and to open some sort of cultural dialogue to get sympathy when in reality no group is oppressing them.
Funny thing is... Mad Men actually answers my question.

Dodd wrote:
This is actually a really great scene in the movie as it shows the complete opposite of a love-shy man. Love-shy men are unable to initiate and approach women.

Btw, this defiantly is a real problem for the sufferer. I speak from my own and my cousin's experience.