Kiev Revolution

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
RIFA wrote:Technically they have no right... especially when Crimea is not theirs... Their history is funny tho (I'm still mind boggled by what history they teach in Russia). Yet they do it because no fucks given.

Their whole reasoning for being there is quite similar to some of the interventions US carried out in the last 2 decades. However, there is a difference in context, making their intervention worse.

Russia is basically a country that is in an induced coma. It still didn't wake up from it's Soviet Union days because Putin is in control of the whole operation. Russians still believe in an utopian society while the reality pretty much proves the opposite. Russia is a dystopia.

I personally am so happy whenever I see Russia pulling an L. It's beautiful. I'm still waiting for that day when they will pay for al the crimes they are responsible for. The russian people are a victim here. The bastards in power are the problem.

Russia needs to pull a Germany and accept their history, learn what they did wrong and what they did good and improve as a society. It needs to happen organically tho. And hopefully it will one day. Only then Russia will be able to be a true power and a country that deserves admiration. Till then...
This is so fucking on point. I have a really close Russian friend, we've known each other 8years, and the way he defends Putin is so pathetic. He'll gladly talk shit about America and all it's problems, and of course he isn't wrong, but he acts like Russia is the greatest place on earth and praises... PRAISES Putin. It's really pathetic.

ComptonTerry wrote:
RIFA wrote:Technically they have no right... especially when Crimea is not theirs... Their history is funny tho (I'm still mind boggled by what history they teach in Russia). Yet they do it because no fucks given.

Their whole reasoning for being there is quite similar to some of the interventions US carried out in the last 2 decades. However, there is a difference in context, making their intervention worse.

Russia is basically a country that is in an induced coma. It still didn't wake up from it's Soviet Union days because Putin is in control of the whole operation. Russians still believe in an utopian society while the reality pretty much proves the opposite. Russia is a dystopia.

I personally am so happy whenever I see Russia pulling an L. It's beautiful. I'm still waiting for that day when they will pay for al the crimes they are responsible for. The russian people are a victim here. The bastards in power are the problem.

Russia needs to pull a Germany and accept their history, learn what they did wrong and what they did good and improve as a society. It needs to happen organically tho. And hopefully it will one day. Only then Russia will be able to be a true power and a country that deserves admiration. Till then...
This is so fucking on point. I have a really close Russian friend, we've known each other 8years, and the way he defends Putin is so pathetic. He'll gladly talk shit about America and all it's problems, and of course he isn't wrong, but he acts like Russia is the greatest place on earth and praises... PRAISES Putin. It's really pathetic.
Putin can't hold a candle to our supreme leader, Kim Jong Un.

this is scary

darthnazgul wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:

Putin can't hold a candle to our supreme leader, Kim Jong Un.
Every time it's sunny day, I thank Kim Jong Un

The worst is that Russians defend Putin and always point out the negatives in the US/NATO/Western Europe. They feed off negativity. Yet they ALWAYS omit or ignore the positive things. If you bring up the fact that they live in miserable conditions because of Putin, because he did NOTHING for his people... they'll tell you... "That's why US has so many bums right? That's why your debt is ridiculous right? That's why China owns US land?" They always do this. Like the debt or the bums or the owned land by China has anything to do with the "miserable conditions" they live in. They can't see anything good in the Western World. If it's a good movie they'll call it propaganda. If it's a good song, they'll call it propaganda. If people live better in Western World, they say it's all dust and an illusion and that we have no control, and they jump into conspiracy shit about how us Westerners, are doomed to oblivion and how Putin holds Russia independent of World Bank, UN and NATO. They are OBSESSED with seeing these institutions as evil. The funny thing is tho... that Russia is NOT independent and is, as 80% of this Earth, dependent on NATO and World Bank and UN. They just don't know it or refuse to acknowledge it. Brainwashing in Russia comes from a long way now... and it ain't gonna stop unless the people that are against the regime over there will take a step further and do the right thing.

RIFA wrote:The worst is that Russians defend Putin and always point out the negatives in the US/NATO/Western Europe. They feed off negativity. Yet they ALWAYS omit or ignore the positive things. If you bring up the fact that they live in miserable conditions because of Putin, because he did NOTHING for his people... they'll tell you... "That's why US has so many bums right? That's why your debt is ridiculous right? That's why China owns US land?" They always do this. Like the debt or the bums or the owned land by China has anything to do with the "miserable conditions" they live in. They can't see anything good in the Western World. If it's a good movie they'll call it propaganda. If it's a good song, they'll call it propaganda. If people live better in Western World, they say it's all dust and an illusion and that we have no control, and they jump into conspiracy shit about how us Westerners, are doomed to oblivion and how Putin holds Russia independent of World Bank, UN and NATO. They are OBSESSED with seeing these institutions as evil. The funny thing is tho... that Russia is NOT independent and is, as 80% of this Earth, dependent on NATO and World Bank and UN. They just don't know it or refuse to acknowledge it. Brainwashing in Russia comes from a long way now... and it ain't gonna stop unless the people that are against the regime over there will take a step further and do the right thing.
I dont know if you can generalize what people believe over there. There's a range of beliefs, just like with any place, but I can say this for sure brainwashing in Russia is no worse than brainwashing in America.

The conflict is between US and Russia over the Crimea region. Putin was smart and put the troops there because if he hadnt, America wouldve already been there. Next thing you know, NATO would be advising for missiles to be placed there to be aimed at Russia for precautionary reasons. Meanwhile, they got all the "experts" on US television like "John Kerry" reprimanding Russia for invading a country ["you just dont do something like that" -John Kerry , who signed off on all the previous invasions done by the U.S.]. It's the pot calling the kettle black. All these politicians gotta go. They just talk out their ass in the media in an attempt to win public favor with any clueless person that will turn their tv on.

Turning this into a matter of mutual exposure of hypocricy is the very problem because it only enables (excuses) each side to approach an extreme rather the center. It makes it a competition at being the vilain more than anything.

Not talking about hypocrisy, talking about reality. This is a global political matter. These 2 countries are vying for political influence and resources, as they are thinking about the next 100 years and the prosperity and survival of their country. To criticize Russia for doing what is in their best interest and exactly what America would do is preposterous. Politicians dont care about justice, or freedom, or rights. They'll talk about it to the face of the public, but they are very well aware that they all have the same motives and goals and that they have no ground to criticize each other on.

I know how the game works and what you say doesn't negate what I said. The fact that we're supposed to expect both forces to act in their interest doesn't mean their interest isn't a problem and you're trying to keep an impression that there isn't one. It could be normal, but it's also a problem. And when there's a problem, there's critique. I don't see how it's preposterous. It's obviously a game to them and you say we're supposed to expect them to play it by the rules they themselves have created, but it's not a sports game. This can have huge concequences so I don't see how I (or anyone else) am supposed to chill and not criticize anyone.

And that's where the hypocricy card comes into play. Both sides know how convenient it is and they use it whenever necessary. And that's a problem. If you think it isn't - go and tell that to the casualties.

celibate wrote:To criticize Russia for doing what is in their best interest and exactly what America would do is preposterous.
If it goes against someone else's interests, it's not preposterous at all. Hypocritical maybe, as prince said, because it's all just a giant chess match, but they're just playing the game.

This shit is sickening and I side with no one.