Chemical Weapons Use in Syria

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Posts: 2001
Joined: May 2012
Senator Mike Lee is an idiot.

Posts: 3488
Joined: May 2010
Location: Canada
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2 ... water.html

A very long detailed article on the history of US and Syria relations…..though reading the piece made me feel even more depressed about the constant intervention and best laid plans yet again.

But there is a terrible naivety in the West's view of the ongoing revolt in Syria. It forgets its own history and the role it played in helping create the present situation.

Back in the 1950s America set out to create democracy in Syria, but it led to disaster. It was by no means the only factor that led to the violence and horror of the Assad dictatorship, but its unforeseen consequences played an important role in shaping the feverish paranoia in Syria in the late 1950s - which helped the Baath party come to power. And while the Western powers no longer remember this history, the Syrians surely do.

Posts: 15364
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.

i keep listening to this guy these days

Posts: 748
Joined: May 2013
FreakLikeMe wrote:Senator Mike Lee is an idiot.
I don't see that but that's your opinion and your entitled to it Rand Paul - Mike Lee 2016 8-) .
Last edited by manofsteel1 on September 3rd, 2013, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 264
Joined: February 2011
Skyab23 wrote:
In the words of the wise Captain Jean-Luc Picard, "History has proved again and again, that whenever mankind interferes with a less developed civilization, no matter how well intentioned that interference may be, the results are invariably disastrous."

yeaaaah... I am guessing Israel is the "less developed civilization" you are referencing here... considering that any interference in that area by the US will have squat diddly to do with the Syrian people's interests and a whole lot more to do with expanding Israel's hold on the unoccupied Golan Heights.

Maybe in the aftermath we might see these "invariably disastrous" results.

Posts: 748
Joined: May 2013
Only Congress have the authority to declare war so if the president strikes Syria without congressional approval .an individual like Rep. Duncan Hunter who has deep respect for our Constitution has every right to have President Obama impeached 8-) .

Posts: 3014
Joined: November 2011
Location: North Carolina
manofsteel1 wrote:Only Congress have the authority to declare war so if the president strikes Syria without congressional approval .an individual like Rep. Duncan Hunter who has deep respect for our Constitution has every right to have President Obama impeached 8-) .
Yes, technically speaking, you're right. Article 1, Section 8 specifically. However, the War Powers Act is now a law that Presidents have used to unilaterally go to war (it is a law, although it really conflicts with the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land) and until the Supreme Court strikes down that act, the President will likely continue to use that precedent to go around Congress if need be.

Posts: 748
Joined: May 2013
Skyab23 wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:Only Congress have the authority to declare war so if the president strikes Syria without congressional approval .an individual like Rep. Duncan Hunter who has deep respect for our Constitution has every right to have President Obama impeached 8-) .
Yes, technically speaking, you're right. Article 1, Section 8 specifically. However, the War Powers Act is now a law that Presidents have used to unilaterally go to war (it is a law, although it really conflicts with the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land) and until the Supreme Court strikes down that act, the President will likely continue to use that precedent to go around Congress if need be.
I wont expect a miracle from the supreme court when they would not strike down obamacare last year and it's funny that Joe Biden wanted to have Bush impeached for the same thing his boss President Obama is attempting to pull .

Posts: 22409
Joined: May 2010
Location: Castle
Image


Even though the overwhelming majority of American citizens don't want the U.S. to be involved in the ongoing conflict in Syria in anyway, I think we all know the politicians are going to go ahead and do it anyways because this is all part of the agenda. This could get really ugly quick. :sick: I'm actually kind of worried about this. Absolute madness.

No US citizens regardless of age, race, gender, income level, are supporting any American military involvement in Syria.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/09 ... s-s05.html






I really hope their is not some sort of false flag operation in the near future. Found something interesting on reddit that caught my attention.

I don't ever go on Alex Jone's site or anything but this video got up voted in a thread so I thought I would watch. Very interesting. I really hope something doesn't happen to South Carolina with a false flag op.


http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comm ... ay_graham/




to put it simply I really hope history doesn't repeat itself. Please share this.




also: China joins Russia in opposing military strikes

This is like the lead up to WWIII or something :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Posts: 15364
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Dodd wrote:Image


Even though the overwhelming majority of American citizens don't want the U.S. to be involved in the ongoing conflict in Syria in anyway, I think we all know the politicians are going to go ahead and do it anyways because this is all part of the agenda. This could get really ugly quick. :sick: I'm actually kind of worried about this. Absolute madness.

No US citizens regardless of age, race, gender, income level, are supporting any American military involvement in Syria.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/09 ... s-s05.html






I really hope their is not some sort of false flag operation in the near future. Found something interesting on reddit that caught my attention.

I don't ever go on Alex Jone's site or anything but this video got up voted in a thread so I thought I would watch. Very interesting. I really hope something doesn't happen to South Carolina with a false flag op.


http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comm ... ay_graham/




to put it simply I really hope history doesn't repeat itself. Please share this.




also: China joins Russia in opposing military strikes

This is like the lead up to WWIII or something :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
on the s carolina thing, found this on a forum
Thanks for this, Mandala.

OK Here's a link to the local cbs affiliate that covered the Lindsey Graham "threat" in case anyone has any doubts. Pay attention to the wording and lack of any actual quotes (reminiscent of some of the packaged press articles making the rounds touting Kerry's "evidence"; kind of saying nothing while implying a lot):

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/0...leston-harbor/

Quote GOOSE CREEK, S.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP) — South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham says he’s convinced that Syrian President Assad used chemical weapons on his own people.

Graham told reporters in Goose Creek on Tuesday that taking action against Syria in response to the situation is not a question of yes or no, but rather a question of bad or worse choices.

He says if there is no U.S. response, Iran will not believe America’s resolve to block Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Graham also says those nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists could result in a bomb coming to Charleston Harbor.

He says he’s working to convince South Carolinians weary of war that the situations in Syria and Iran are linked. Graham says Syria could destabilize the entire Middle East.

Secretary of State John Kerry said last week that more than 1,400 people, including hundreds of children, were killed during the Aug. 21 chemical attack carried out by Bashar Assad’s regime.
Here, the Augusta Chronicle actually quotes Graham, so we can see how CBS twisted Graham's words (intentionally easy to twist, btw):

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/go...ia-graham-says
Quote “If you’re wondering here in South Carolina why Syria matters, I can tell you very quickly,” he said. “If the Iranians believe we don’t have the willingness and resolve to deal with Assad when he uses chemical weapons, they are going to take it as a sign we don’t care about their nuclear program.”

Graham said nuclear and chemical weapon technologies are nightmares in the hands of terrorists.

“My biggest fear is the technology developed by the Iranians could wind up in the hands of a terrorist and then it comes to Charleston Harbor or New York Harbor,” he said.
Then we have Alex Jones, who two days earlier was fed the story about the nukes leaving Texas for South Carolina, without paperwork. Seems as though the stage is being set. Whether or not it is a real false flag or something to just get us all worked up, not sure.

Gee, and so close to 9/11! I wonder if S.K. Bain saw this one coming?? Will have to check his blog...in the meantime, be safe everybody. The Cabal has become pretty sloppy...they must be panicked!

link to post
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthr ... post725664

Post Reply