Sexism

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
banepants wrote:
Allstar wrote:

Now that is a sexist comment lol.
Where's the line between sexism and truth?
I don't think that is true at all. As a matter of fact I think it is utter bullshit. There are a bunch of funny girls out there, I am not even going to start listing because there are too many.

Then I envy you, my friend.

I think there was a lot more impetus for this thread, however.

Personally, I think Anna Kendrick is completely hilarious. I laugh no matter what.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Personally, I think Anna Kendrick is completely hilarious. I laugh no matter what.

-Vader
That is one brilliant example. :clap:

let's see how this thread goes .

It's bullshit. I know plenty of funny chicks.
Say Girl

Crazy Eight wrote:If repeatedly posting nudes on the internet and saying you want to have sex with multiple men isn't worthy of the phrase "whorishness" than I don't know what is.
Regardless of your distinction between "whore" and "whoreishness" they're still very negative and divisive terms, often used especially to shame women. She's posting pics of herself for her own reasons, it's unnecessary to shame her or anyone else for it. She doesn't do it on NF, she doesn't do it all over the forum like certain folks have on this site in the past (though even that's not really a problem), so why attack her for it? I mean you literally have thousands of other pixels to look at on your screen, as well as on other pages of the site.

It's the fucking internet, there will always be people who want attention, and people who give it to them. Plus, Tumblr is like a wild jungle when it comes to that stuff. Even I fucking want some level of attention when I post a pic of myself or some other bullshit, you want some sort of attention when you post your pics. Big deal.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Guys forget it, Virgo was talking about a specific sense of humor, not a sense of humor in general. It was a misunderstanding. :thumbup:

To Cilogy: I'd like to point out the gaping difference between wanting and even expecting feedback for your photos, and posting photos designed specifically to incite significant sexual attention, or however much sexual attention you can get from people on the internet. I dunno about you man, but I'd certainly include posting nude images on the internet for those purposes as, well, for those purposes. You're exchanging skin for praise and attention, which, when done to an extreme, which to my understanding she has in the past, some of the comments Keegan made can make sense. If in no other way, than at least linguistically.

Although I tend to specifically reject feminism for being a lesser sub-division of marxist philosophy (I tend to think promoting specific groups ends up being more detrimental for everybody than a universal effort to equalize other groups of the disempowered, not to mention the danger in going overboard), I'm not sure such a heated reaction to any of this is necessary.

-Vader

Defend a girl against a guy, get accused of being sexist. Image