Oscar Pistorius

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I might as well make this thread now. For anything related to Oscar Pistorius/Reeva Steenkamp: news, discussion, memes etc.

A thorough sum up of the case is here: http://beta.mnet.co.za/carteblanche/Art ... 7&ShowId=1
I hope this video works for you.

On 22 February 2013 Oscar Pistorius was granted bail at R 1 million (R 100 000 cash). He is expected back in court 4 June 2013.

This whole thing seems fucked up. I don't know what's true and what isn't true.

Maybe he's an android. Image
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Forum Pro
Law
He doesn't have the legs for a crime like this.

Does the vid work? Cause it includes animated re-enactments of both the prosecution's and Oscar's telling of that night.

Forum Pro
Law
He hasn't got a leg to stand on if you ask me

Law wrote:He hasn't got a leg to stand on if you ask me
Stop pulling his leg, seriously

Ryan Gosling and Charlize Theron lined-up to play Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp

Hollywood actor Ryan Gosling, who recently announced his plans on taking a break from his acting career, may be changing his plans.

Reports suggest that the actor may be cast as murder-charge athlete Oscar Pistorius in a Hollywood script based on the high profile case.

Also starring, will be South African beauty Charlize Theron as Pistorius' late model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in a forthcoming biopic reports The Sun.

"You've got one of the world's most famous sportsmen under arrest and a beautiful young woman who meets a violent death. Scripts began doing the rounds within days of the scandal breaking. Ryan has the kind of quiet magnetism that would make this project work - plus there's some mystery about him," a source told the Web site.

"Although Ryan has been saying publicly that he wants to take a break from acting to relax, executives will be falling over themselves to woo him once the scripts are finalized," the source added.

The Drive star recently said that he needs to take a break from his busy schedule:
"I've been doing it too much. I've lost perspective on what I'm doing. I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does," he had told Huffington Post.

According to a report in The Daily Mail, a number of scripts are being developed in Hollywood based on the tragic story of Pistorious and his late girlfriend.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/45049 ... arlize.htm

A bit soon Hollywood, but whatever...

^ WTF!!

^Seems a bit soon and subsequently could be a pretty average script if they're trying to get something out soon. I'd rather they took the different components of Pistorius's sport and made a cross between Marathon Man and Blade Runner.

Will now be allowed to leave the country.
PRETORIA, South Africa -- A judge in South Africa says Oscar Pistorius, who is charged with murdering his girlfriend, can leave South Africa to compete in international competition, with conditions.

Judge Bert Bam says the Olympic and Paralympic athlete must provide authorities with his travel plans at least a week before he leaves the country. He must also return his passport to the court within 24 hours of returning to South Africa

Pistorius' lawyers said in the North Gauteng High Court on Thursday that he had no immediate plans to compete, but might eventually need to run at track meets again to earn money.

More on ABCNews.com
The latest on the Oscar Pistorius case from the worldwide reporting staff of ABC News. Topics
Pistorius was not present in court Thursday.

Roux said that Pistorius would not try and evade trial if he is allowed to travel internationally, and the multiple Paralympic champion would eventually need to run again "to earn an income."

"He is not going to run away and hide. He is going nowhere," Roux told the judge in the brown-walled courtroom in the high court, where television cameras and photographers were allowed in to record the proceedings.

Roux also argued against the ruling that Pistorius is not allowed to return to his home in a gated community in the eastern suburbs of Pretoria, where he shot Reeva Steenkamp dead in the early hours of Valentine's Day.

The bail ruling prevented him from returning to his home or speaking to residents, but his lawyers say he must be allowed to consult with residents in order to prepare his defense against the murder charge against him.

Pistorius says he killed Steenkamp accidentally when he fired shots through a door in his bathroom in the pre-dawn hours, fearing there was an intruder in his house. Prosecutors say he shot the model and reality TV star intentionally after they argued, and they have charged him with premeditated murder.

Pistorius was not required to attend his appeal hearing and none of his family members was present at North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria.

Pistorius' defense team was also appealing against an alcohol ban.

Pistorius' next court appearance is June 4, when the prosecution would aim to serve indictments, chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel told the court. Nel said there is a possibility that Pistorius' trial will begin by the end of the year.

Pistorius' bail appeal was being heard by Judge Bert Bam at the high court a day after the athlete's older brother, Carl Pistorius, went on trial for culpable homicide for the death of a woman motorcyclist in a 2008 road accident. Carl Pistorius pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the main charge of culpable homicide and not guilty to two alternative charges relating to driving recklessly and inconsiderately.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfie ... strictions
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."