VICE Videos - Uncomfortable Truths

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
''VICE specializes in exploring uncomfortable truths and going to places we don't belong.''

http://www.youtube.com/user/vice

Thanks to RIFA for posting VICE's North Korea doc, now I know about this wonderful channel!

There is a lot of great stuff on that channel. A couple videos that caught my interest a while back

A warning about this one as there are some extremely gruesome images.

Holy shit the second one, about the cannibal... :wtf:

VICE makes some interesting videos.
Love the Suicide Forrest one.

Vice has some pretty interesting stuff. I've posted a few videos around the place. The drug ones aren't particularly intriguing, the dude sounds dead inside.
Do you... like pineapple?

RabidBEBOP wrote: A warning about this one as there are some extremely gruesome images.
That was both horrifying and fascinating at the same time. It shows what people are capable of as well as opens up the "nature/ nurture" debate.

Here's a classic.

jibran wrote:Here's a classic.
Yes. This one is great. I would shit my pants but then again as a journalist I find everything so interesting and I'd like to see all of this with my own eyes and experience it.

I enjoyed this one. It had an uncomfortable combination of despair while also being uplifting.

Man this was fucked up. The whole 30 minutes I was full heartedly hoping that this depraved soul would be executed...until the very ending when he states that that is the very thing he hopes for right now. How does one deal with such a real life monster? You certainly don't want him living but at the same time you don't want to give into his last demands.
jibran wrote:
This one though had to be my favorite. It was just a shocking followup to another documentary I had seen a few months back called "The Ambassdor" I'd strongly suggest checking it out because it's on Netflix (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2048877/?ref_=sr_1).
The end sequence in this with General Butt Naked's passionate preaching was absolutely chilling to hear coming from a living child murderer.

If you think about it, isn't Butt Naked literally one of the worst beings alive right now? Rapist, murderer, cannibal, paedophile. I mean I'm sure, there are a whole group of people who fit that description around the world but now he's set free because he's on the course of faith. It's insanity. And he speaks with such conviction and confidence, he's very charismatic. It's quite unsettling.