Mass Shooting at Conneticuit Elementary School

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Post Reply
Posts: 8282
Joined: May 2012
Location: The Island, NY
At Sandy Hook Elementary School in CT, a madman went berserk and killed 27 people (18 students, 9 teachers). My thoughts and prayers go to the injured and deceased.

Posts: 15994
Joined: June 2011
Location: North Carolina
Holy shit. What is wrong with these fucks? They outta be shot in the head

Posts: 26111
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
Dear NF members who don't live in the US,

This is the type of shit that happens in our country, and when it comes to gun control, when it comes to getting weapons out of the hands of these crazy people, politicians mourn the deaths of these victims and simultaneously say "oh well, I guess there's nothing that can be done".

Yeah ... that's how fucking crazy we are.

Posts: 6080
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
Cilogy wrote:Dear NF members who don't live in the US,

This is the type of shit that happens in our country, and when it comes to gun control, when it comes to getting weapons out of the hands of these crazy people, politicians mourn the deaths of these victims and simultaneously say "oh well, I guess there's nothing that can be done".

Yeah ... that's how fucking crazy we are.
This combined with a mass focus on pure negativity everywhere you turn leads to events like today.

Posts: 26111
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
banepants wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Dear NF members who don't live in the US,

This is the type of shit that happens in our country, and when it comes to gun control, when it comes to getting weapons out of the hands of these crazy people, politicians mourn the deaths of these victims and simultaneously say "oh well, I guess there's nothing that can be done".

Yeah ... that's how fucking crazy we are.
This combined with a mass focus on pure negativity everywhere you turn leads to events like today.
Am I wrong?

Posts: 6080
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
Cilogy wrote:
banepants wrote:
This combined with a mass focus on pure negativity everywhere you turn leads to events like today.
Am I wrong?
Not at all. I agree with what you said 100%. The "mass focus on pure negativity" is a media related issue and I should have worded it better in my original post.

Posts: 26111
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
banepants wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Am I wrong?
Not at all. I agree with what you said 100%. The "mass focus on pure negativity" is a media related issue and I should have worded it better in my original post.
Oh.

Sorry, I'm just like really upset right now ... you know?

Posts: 6080
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
Cilogy wrote:
banepants wrote:
Not at all. I agree with what you said 100%. The "mass focus on pure negativity" is a media related issue and I should have worded it better in my original post.
Oh.

Sorry, I'm just like really upset right now ... you know?
I understand completely. Your initial post is valid and correct. Things have been handled very wrong in this country and hopefully this past week will be an inescapable sign that we (the politicians, actually) need to get our (their) shit together. Stay strong man.

Posts: 10408
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for an uber
banepants wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Dear NF members who don't live in the US,

This is the type of shit that happens in our country, and when it comes to gun control, when it comes to getting weapons out of the hands of these crazy people, politicians mourn the deaths of these victims and simultaneously say "oh well, I guess there's nothing that can be done".

Yeah ... that's how fucking crazy we are.
This combined with a mass focus on pure negativity everywhere you turn leads to events like today.
Oooookay. At least you acknowledge it...

My condolences to victims and their loved ones.

Posts: 26111
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas

Post Reply