Palastine-Israel Issue: Why America supports Israel ???

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
BlairCo wrote: I still talk to her outside of NolanFans, and she has told me that she's put NolanFans behind here.
off topic: where do you guys chat?

on topic:

hopefully there will be a resolution in the next coming days, because i fear how this could easily get way out of hand.
Last edited by Z. Cobb on November 18th, 2012, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Z. Cobb wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I still talk to her outside of NolanFans, and she has told me that she's put NolanFans behind here.
where do you guys chat?
FB

Z. Cobb wrote:
off topic: where do you guys chat?

on topic:

hopefully there will be a resolution in the next coming days, because i fear how this could easily get way out of hand.
if everyone agree not to bring religion here.. no need worry, i guess...
if there is any chance you could get her opinion about this.. :modesty:
ofcourse if you both have time... ;)

I really don’t want to get involved in this and I try to avoid any politics/middle eastern affairs related discussions on the internet but I feel that I should say something. Firstly Bacon, I hope you grow out of this simple minded perspective of the Palestine-Israel conflict, it’s not black and white, as some of the other members mentioned already it’s a complicated matter.

Ihsan, I'll pm you. I would like to answer your questions, you seem sincerely interested in the conflict and to the best of my ability and experience I can help elaborate.

ihsan wrote:I can't believe America supports Israel purely because of some religious text :problem:
Well, they don't. I mean they do, but not just because of that. It's also because Israel is actually a strong pillar in US's process of development. The strange idea is that US backs Israel up when it's actually the other way around.
Bacon wrote:
ihsan wrote:why so ??

Please don't misunderstand me.. I am curious..
In every situation I have seen, Israel is not attacking. Israel is defending.
Stick to comedy threads please. You're making history look bad.

Israel is far from being right in this.

RIFA wrote:
ihsan wrote:I can't believe America supports Israel purely because of some religious text :problem:
Well, they don't. I mean they do, but not just because of that. It's also because Israel is actually a strong pillar in US's process of development. The strange idea is that US backs Israel up when it's actually the other way around.
Thanks. That's also what my logical conclusion as i mentioned in my original post.. but what America says about this. ?? they won't certainly admit (openly) neither religious reasons behind it or the idea that its actually Israel backups America..do they ???
cooldued wrote:
Ihsan, I'll pm you. I would like to answer your questions, you seem sincerely interested in the conflict and to the best of my ability and experience I can help elaborate.
Thanks for your concern.. 8-)

This is NOT about religion itself. It's about land mostly. A long issue, for a very long time. To difficult to understand if you don't leave there. Believe me. :(

Another fact that needs to be mentioned in this discussion is the influence of the Israel lobby in the USA. Virtually every candidate who runs for major political office in the States is pro-Israel because they have to.

http://rense.com/general27/jlobby.htm

Those who are interested may also check out this book - The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy. It has been written by two highly respected academics and examines the all pervasive influence of the Israel lobby in the US Govt.

http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S- ... 0374531501

ihsan wrote:they won't certainly admit (openly) neither religious reasons behind it or the idea that its actually Israel backups America..do they ???
Of course they won't because that would diminish their global status and would severely put in danger their agendas.

There's a reason why Israel keeps getting away with a lot of ridiculous statements made by their leaders. There's a reason why Israel is getting away with their nuclear program even if they are not working under any signed agreement. Basically the difference between them and Iran is only a small piece of paper in which they admitted that they are developing nuclear weapons. The war with Iran was also caused by Israel. So what Bacon said that "Israel is only defending" is some pure bullshit. Sometimes not the first who shoots is the villain and sometimes not the one who's "defending" is the hero. Israel has stopped being a peaceful country from the very start of it's inception. US backs Israel because Israel backs them up financially. Without the jews investing... guess where America will head...

Question is this... Is Israel a necessary "evil" or not?

Bacon wrote:
ihsan wrote:
why so ??

Please don't misunderstand me.. I am curious..
In every situation I have seen, Israel is not attacking. Israel is defending.
Lol.