Palastine-Israel Issue: Why America supports Israel ???

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Bacon wrote:Israel regardless of religion is clearly in the right in this.
Are you fucking stupid?
Yes because killing civilians when only 1 person in Israel has died as a result of Hamas is really the "RIGHT" thing to do. I think the kill death ratio proves what is happening.
700 Palestinians dead vs 1 Israeli.
I bet you also deny anthropogenic climate change (GLOBAL WARMING is happening and if you deny it, I hope you burn in Hell)
I bet you also think Obama is the worst president and can't support your claim and the reasons you will give will be minuscule
I bet you also think Iran is out to kill the world
and I bet you also think America is the greatest nation ever in the history of mankind. I was born and raised here and I can tell you that you will not be able to provide me with concrete, objective facts to support that either.
Learn to examine and analyze a situation and not blindly throw your trust behind a country that is reciprocating genocide. Israel will pay for the crimes it has committed. Not with death, but with the turning of the backs of the rest of the world. How can America be considered the greatest when it's DIRECTLY supporting the massacre of hundreds of innocent lives?
Fuck off and learn to realize this isn't as clear as you think. You can support Israel as a nation in existence, what you can't do is say "It's clearly in the right in this" because it's not clear and it's not right to KILL HUNDREDS OF DEFENSELESS CIVILIANS JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN and you're just an asshole for thinking it is. If you support this, you support what happened in the Holocaust, because there is no difference whatsoever.

okay hold on

Bacon posted that nearly two years ago. I considered replying with a cheeky comment, but I figure I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he's changed his view considering recent events.

Still, it was a pretty amusingly misinformed comment even back in 2012.

Cilogy wrote:okay hold on

Bacon posted that nearly two years ago. I considered replying with a cheeky comment, but I figure I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he's changed his view considering recent events.

Still, it was a pretty amusingly misinformed comment even back in 2012.
I hope he's changed it too.

Obama is the worst president though. Since WW2, surely.

ChristNolan wrote:Obama is the worst president though. Since WW2, surely.
What reasoning do you have that he is the worst when you can't really explain how well a president's tenure has been until a few years after he is out of office? Who knows how well Obama has done? We can't tell for a few more years, probably well into Hillary Clinton's 2nd term ;)

If you look at the long term implications of three presidents since WWII, I can claim that these are the worst and provide reasons why:

1. George W. Bush - If you think the guy in office now is worse than this man, I don't even see a point of carrying on a conversation. He was Dick Cheney's puppet. He was stupid, no one in their right mind can argue that. I don't hate Bush, I think he is actually so dumb that he had no idea what he was doing when he did it, Cheney ran the show. I have six words for you: Iraq, Lockheed Martin, Halliburton Loophole, Recession
Only an idiot like this man could take a $200 billion surplus left by Bill Clinton and turn it into a $6 trillion deficit.

2. Ronald Reagan - deregulation of banking, overall embracement of no holds barred capitalism, Middle East policy has come back to haunt us, denying climate change regulations

3. Richard Nixon - created the pre-Obamacare healthcare system which was primitive at best compared to every other developed nation and is still in use today, but with more (advanced) regulation under Obamacare

4. Jimmy Carter - Middle East policy has still come back to haunt us, economic crisis that wasn't averted completely until George H.W. Bush cut spending and increased taxes in the early 90's giving rise to a budget surplus under Bill Clinton

FreakLikeMe wrote:
Bacon wrote:Israel regardless of religion is clearly in the right in this.
Are you fucking stupid?
Yes because killing civilians when only 1 person in Israel has died as a result of Hamas is really the "RIGHT" thing to do. I think the kill death ratio proves what is happening.
700 Palestinians dead vs 1 Israeli.
I bet you also deny anthropogenic climate change (GLOBAL WARMING is happening and if you deny it, I hope you burn in Hell)
I bet you also think Obama is the worst president and can't support your claim and the reasons you will give will be minuscule
I bet you also think Iran is out to kill the world
and I bet you also think America is the greatest nation ever in the history of mankind. I was born and raised here and I can tell you that you will not be able to provide me with concrete, objective facts to support that either.
Learn to examine and analyze a situation and not blindly throw your trust behind a country that is reciprocating genocide. Israel will pay for the crimes it has committed. Not with death, but with the turning of the backs of the rest of the world. How can America be considered the greatest when it's DIRECTLY supporting the massacre of hundreds of innocent lives?
Fuck off and learn to realize this isn't as clear as you think. You can support Israel as a nation in existence, what you can't do is say "It's clearly in the right in this" because it's not clear and it's not right to KILL HUNDREDS OF DEFENSELESS CIVILIANS JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN and you're just an asshole for thinking it is. If you support this, you support what happened in the Holocaust, because there is no difference whatsoever.
Dear Lord.

Like Cil said, that was 2 years ago and I was clearly misinformed. My opinion has changed and I feel Israel has a right to defend itself but the way it's doing it is clearly wrong. I don't want to get in (another) debate about it as I still haven't really truly looked deep into it.

EDIT: I do <3 'Murica though. You can't make me not like it.

FreakLikeMe wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Obama is the worst president though. Since WW2, surely.
What reasoning do you have that he is the worst when you can't really explain how well a president's tenure has been until a few years after he is out of office? Who knows how well Obama has done? We can't tell for a few more years, probably well into Hillary Clinton's 2nd term ;)

If you look at the long term implications of three presidents since WWII, I can claim that these are the worst and provide reasons why:

1. George W. Bush - If you think the guy in office now is worse than this man, I don't even see a point of carrying on a conversation. He was Dick Cheney's puppet. He was stupid, no one in their right mind can argue that. I don't hate Bush, I think he is actually so dumb that he had no idea what he was doing when he did it, Cheney ran the show. I have six words for you: Iraq, Lockheed Martin, Halliburton Loophole, Recession
Only an idiot like this man could take a $200 billion surplus left by Bill Clinton and turn it into a $6 trillion deficit.

2. Ronald Reagan - deregulation of banking, overall embracement of no holds barred capitalism, Middle East policy has come back to haunt us, denying climate change regulations

3. Richard Nixon - created the pre-Obamacare healthcare system which was primitive at best compared to every other developed nation and is still in use today, but with more (advanced) regulation under Obamacare

4. Jimmy Carter - Middle East policy has still come back to haunt us, economic crisis that wasn't averted completely until George H.W. Bush cut spending and increased taxes in the early 90's giving rise to a budget surplus under Bill Clinton
Woodrow Wilson's deregulation of the Golden Standard was the worst decision by any president in history, easily.

Dodd wrote: Woodrow Wilson's deregulation of the Golden Standard was the worst decision by any president in history, easily.
We were talking Post-WWII.

FreakLikeMe wrote:
Dodd wrote: Woodrow Wilson's deregulation of the Golden Standard was the worst decision by any president in history, easily.
We were talking Post-WWII.
oh, my bad. :angel:

I don't see what all the fuss is about.