9/11 Memorial Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
ComptonTerry wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
You guys really believe that?
Don't even get me started on it.
Probably best we don't.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I may not remember it well, but its still a terrible thing and my thoughts go out to all victims and relatives today :(
Sigs???

Never stop asking questions.

Eerie.

I don't think I've ever understood the "never forget 9/11" schtick, I mean, it's not like there's some movement to try and actively forget it or something. It was a huge part of history, the effects of which are still being felt today, no one's gonna forget it.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Bin Laden didn't blow up the projects.

LiberNovus wrote:Never stop asking questions.

Eerie.
"When art imitates life"

I feel worse for all those countless innocent middle eastern people that were killed in the aftermath of 9/11. Just imagine your city getting carpet bombed for something that happened on the other side of the world that you had no part of, that would suuuck.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:I feel worse for all those countless innocent middle eastern people that were killed in the aftermath of 9/11. Just imagine your city getting carpet bombed for something that happened on the other side of the world that you had no part of, that would suuuck.
Completely agree.

Cilogy wrote:I don't think I've ever understood the "never forget 9/11" schtick, I mean, it's not like there's some movement to try and actively forget it or something. It was a huge part of history, the effects of which are still being felt today, no one's gonna forget it.
'Never forget' sounds scary to me. As horrible as the event is, being so consumed with it inevitably poses unwanted risks. Never forgetting a historical event like this one, the way they force you not to forget it, can only be a reason for unnecessary mass chauvinism and paranoia. Knowing history is only as useful as you're aware how to use the knowledge. Generations of people taught in fear and trauma are always vulnerable to all sorts of exploits.

On the other hand I don't see how or why they'd silence the echos of the event.

Went to NY for the first time this summer, being where it happened made me realise how bad it must've actually been to see.