9/11 Memorial Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote: Seriously, would it have really mattered if OBL was killed or never seen again?

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but his actions and words still had an enormous impact on the U.S. and the world. His capture/death doesn't exactly erase any of that. I still have some trouble figuring out exactly what was accomplished or concluded after his death.
Sorry we got your uncle bro!

Law wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Seriously, would it have really mattered if OBL was killed or never seen again?

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but his actions and words still had an enormous impact on the U.S. and the world. His capture/death doesn't exactly erase any of that. I still have some trouble figuring out exactly what was accomplished or concluded after his death.

Law wrote:

Lmfao

They just couldn't have moved onto Syria without at least making it seem like they've accomplished something in Afghanistan.

chom wrote:
LiberNovus wrote:Never stop asking questions.

Eerie.
What a tenacious freethinker you are. The 9/11 truther movement's bravery will surely be written about it in the history books.
:lol: :clap: Yes, yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ozKbc#t=64

When I was in high school, I knew two guys who were masters of humor; "class clowns" doesn't even being to describe them. Every time 9/11 rolled around, they'd bring party horns to class and say "happy September 11th!" every time a student walked in, and then blow the horns. It cracked me the fuck up every time, and most people had trouble containing their laughter or even a smile.

A few teachers got onto them about being disrespectful, and the explanation they gave every time was that instead of making this such a solemn and remorseful day, they do the complete opposite, otherwise the terrorists win. One teacher burst out laughing when she heard this. It put everyone in a better mood for the rest of the week.

I'm always pleasantly reminded of that on this day.

Everyone who was killed should be remembered. However, they deserve real justice. The fairy tale we were given is absolutely disgraceful to those killed.

A pertinent question of the day. What do Timothy Mcveigh, Lee Harvey Oswald, Osama Bin Laden and a painting all have in common? They were framed.

davids wrote:A pertinent question of the day. What do Timothy Mcveigh, Lee Harvey Oswald, Osama Bin Laden and a painting all have in common? They were framed.
Osama never claimed he was framed. So putting them all together makes no sense.
Last edited by RIFA on September 21st, 2014, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.