Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I will admit, he does need help, since he's clearly insane. But it's unforgivable what he did.

BlairCo wrote:I will admit, he does need help, since he's clearly insane. But it's unforgivable what he did.
Didnt know you were a mental health professional.
Brave New World

It's really a horrible conundrum. Which is more important in consideration: his mental instability or his damnable horrific actions which resulted in the death of people and ruined the lives of their families? Personally I'd say the latter; those people deserve justice. I really have no desire to see tax dollars go in treating this person. I'm fine with spending money on better ways to detect and treat people who are mentally ill or may become mentally ill but once a crime this heinous is committed I lose that sympathy.

I want this man to be in prison for the rest of his life. I do not support the death penalty.

RyanRises wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I will admit, he does need help, since he's clearly insane. But it's unforgivable what he did.
Didnt know you were a mental health professional.
OoOOOOOOOOOOooOOooooOooOOo snip
Sigs???

Red Hood wrote:I want this man to be in prison for the rest of his life. I do not support the death penalty.
Do you support paying for his life in prison with tax money. It sickens me that my tax money funds such monsters.

PowerDump wrote:
Red Hood wrote:I want this man to be in prison for the rest of his life. I do not support the death penalty.
Do you support paying for his life in prison with tax money. It sickens me that my tax money funds such monsters.
More money goes into executing them.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Fuck 'em. Shoot him in the brain, lock him up, I don't care. Just punish this wasted abortion mercilessly
Sigs???

Perhaps part of the problem is all this media coverage. Want a quick route into celebrity status? Do something horrible and they'll put your name in lights. They should be covering how the victims' families are doing and letting this guy rot in anonymity.

Code_R wrote:Perhaps part of the problem is all this media coverage. Want a quick route into celebrity status? Do something horrible and they'll put your name in lights. They should be covering how the victims' families are doing and letting this guy rot in anonymity.
That's an interesting way to look at it actually. A lot of these people who commit the atrocities are social outcasts and despicable actions like these bring them the attention they were unable to get otherwise.