Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
This is sad.. I hate to be the asshole, but this is bad news for TDKR. Very bad. I just feel sorry for Nolan, what happened was the last thing anyone expected. WTF is wrong with this world?

how was the guy stopped?

thrice wrote:how was the guy stopped?
From what Iv heard he was arrested sitting in his car.

Do you think this will affect the Box Office? Will a lot of people be turned off by going to the movie?

Last edited by causeIMbatman on July 20th, 2012, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

thrice wrote:how was the guy stopped?
I turned on the news for a bit and they said it was pretty quick since police were at the theatre just due to the large crowds they were expecting I guess. Oh, and this one station said they don't like to draw comparisons to Columbine, but reminded that the shooters in that were huge Matrix fans and did their deed dressed as Neo, so who knows. Hopefully Nolan's film is not to blame for this in way, but I'm guessing there will be repercussions...
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on July 20th, 2012, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memento: A+
Inception: A+
The Dark Knight: A
Interstellar: A-
The Prestige: A-
The Dark Knight Rises: A-
Batman Begins: B+
Following: B
Insomnia: B-

It gets worse. According to some articles I've read, some people thought it was some kind of inoffensive play or something (because the guy was dressed with a gas mask, making him look like Bane or something) and didn't realize the true danger of the situation until it was too late.
causeIMbatman wrote:
Angier wrote:Do you think this will affect the Box Office? Will a lot of people be turned off by going to the movie?
Sadly, its probably true that a lot of parents will not risk their kids watching the movie, this weekend, atleast.
There are more important things to be worried about right now. We're talking about lifes, I don't wanna be disrespectful but for the moment I don't give a sh*t about the BO, and neither should you.
Last edited by didich on July 20th, 2012, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Nolan said anything about it?

didich wrote:It gets worse. According to some articles I've read, some people thought it was some kind of inoffensive play or something (because the guy was dressed with a gas mask, making him look like Bane or something) and didn't realize the true danger of the situation until it was too late.
Yeah, it sounds like this was planned out and the news insinuated that he was inconspicuous due to just looking like someone in costume. I applaud the quick response of the police though or this could have been much worse. Sounds like they took control almost immediately as happening telling people to clear out, pulling people out of the theatre, etc.
Memento: A+
Inception: A+
The Dark Knight: A
Interstellar: A-
The Prestige: A-
The Dark Knight Rises: A-
Batman Begins: B+
Following: B
Insomnia: B-