Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
WTF

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/nbc-new ... ght-rises/

"NBC affiliate KUSA-Denver is reporting a shooting at a Colorado movie theater. Police told NBC News on Friday that the incident occurred at the Aurora Town Center where the Century 16 Movie Theater is showing The Dark Knight Rises. The injured were being transported to a local hospital."
@sammyjankis88

Heard this on the radio coming home from the midnight showing. The report stated that someone opened fire during the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado, killing 10 people and a dozen injured. Shots also went from one theater to another. This is such a terrible shame. These movies are supposed to bring joy, not terror. I hope we didn't lose any NolanFans tonight. My prayers go out to those people and their families.

:shock:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/27870 ... -in-Aurora

AURORA - There are reports of a shooting at the Town Center at Aurora.

Aurora Police confirm they are responding to a shooting at the Century 16 Movie Theaters at the Aurora Town Center.

At this time, 9NEWS does not have confirmation regarding the number of people shot.

Nicole Williams, with Swedish Medical Center, says the hospital was allerted to a mass casualty incident at 1:15 a.m. Friday. Three patients in critical condition have already been transported to the hospital.

Williams says the hospital was told to prepare for up to 20 more patients.

9NEWS has crews on scene. This article will be updated as more information is confirmed.
@sammyjankis88

:shock: :shock:

Shocked

:wtf:

I am simply at loss of words, I can't wrap my head around that people like this exist. :(

Apparently the shooter was armed with a tactical vest, a AR-15 and a shotgun. Terrorists attacking a TDKR premiere? :|

Jesus Christ.

http://www.rt.com/news/shooting-dark-kn ... urora-654/
At least 12 moviegoers were reportedly killed and 20 injured at a cinema in the Colorado city of Aurora in the Denver suburbs. They were attending a midnight showing of the new Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.
The theater was packed with a lot of people, many of them young fans, at the time the shooting started, 9news reports. The violence erupted some 15 minutes after the movie started, witnesses said.
Local media reports that two gunmen were involved in the rampage. An explosive device was set off during the shooting, injuring several people.
Witnesses said the gunmen were probably wearing body armor and gas masks and used some kind of a tear gas bomb in the attack.
Some reports say police have apprehended one of the assailants while the second one is still at large.
Police have cleared people from the scene over fears that another explosive device might be on the premises.
Aurora medical services were alerted to attend to the large number of injured.
Details to follow.