Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Master Virgo wrote:How society react to this kinds of event is ridiculous. 12 people died in a movie theater and now suddenly it's a big deal. Why don't you feel sorry for African kids who die everyday. People don't wanna know about these sort of things. They are reacting now because the news is everywhere in their faces.

Those 12 people weren't any different from a lot of other people who die everyday, but no one feel sorry for them or their families, because they weren't in a movie theater showing The Dark Knight Rises thus they are not martyrs.

:suicide:

What the fuck you guys are even talking about? I'm mocking the amount of hypocrisy of the society. Did I say people dying doesn't matter? I'm saying every single person who dies is as equally sad as 12 people who die at an event which everyone see on the news.

Master Virgo wrote:What the fuck you guys are even talking about? I'm mocking the amount of hypocrisy of the society. Did I say people dying doesn't matter? I'm saying every single person who dies is as equally sad as 12 people who die at an event which everyone see on the news.
How can you compare people dying from natural causes ect to innocent people being gunned down by a psychopath? Jesus christ your post deserves a perma ban. A fucking child at a movie theatre being gunned down is just as sad as an old man dying from a disease? Great fucking logic.

Allstar wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:What the fuck you guys are even talking about? I'm mocking the amount of hypocrisy of the society. Did I say people dying doesn't matter? I'm saying every single person who dies is as equally sad as 12 people who die at an event which everyone see on the news.
How can you compare people dying from natural causes ect to innocent people being gunned down by a psychopath? Jesus christ your post deserves a perma ban. A fucking child at a movie theatre being gunned down is just as sad as an old man dying from a disease? Great fucking logic.
Your right. Being killed is worse than dying.

Allstar wrote:How can you compare people dying from natural causes ect to innocent people being gunned down by a psychopath? Jesus christ your post deserves a perma ban.
Natural? :eh:

Dude 150,000 people dies everyday for a lot of reasons. Who said anything about natural. Did you know how many people died in the last few years in the middle east countries trying to rescue their countries. No. Because no one gave a damn about them. No one know their names. And no one is praying for them. Why? Because they weren't in the news.

That's what I call hypocrisy. When you are acting like you feel sorry for other people's death when you don't.

People dying like in the aurora incident is extremely shocking because it's an assault on something absolutely everyone can relate to. Most people react appropriately to what they can relate to and it's not necessarily because someone doesn't give a fuck or not. The fact that there are lions in africa can't compare to the fact of whether there's a lion in my bathroom or not. Personally I'd like people to think and care about world problems more than they do but I can't blame anyone who's terrified by the fact that he can go into a theatre and get his head blown off.

Whether this

... as stated earlier is all true (and I think it is) is a topic completely irrelevant to the hypocricy issue. Also, the hypocricy accusation is something that could only spark a debate that would deviate from the point and lesson of what's happened. The point isn't to facepalm someone about how he doesn't pay as much attention to how people are dying in another part of the world. It's to analyse what's wrong with the media, how people create media, how people react to media, how that reaction then governs what's required from it and so on and so on. Go ahead and blame hypocrites for being hypocrites instead of blaming the monster and environment that they'er a victim to one way or another.

Once out in the media one just can't not take a thing like this seriously. Which is why this probably shouldn't have gone worldwide-public in the first place.

Master Virgo wrote:How society react to this kinds of event is ridiculous. 12 people died in a movie theater and now suddenly it's a big deal. Why don't you feel sorry for African kids who die everyday. People don't wanna know about these sort of things. They are reacting now because the news is everywhere in their faces.

Those 12 people weren't any different from a lot of other people who die everyday, but no one feel sorry for them or their families, because they weren't in a movie theater showing The Dark Knight Rises thus they are not martyrs.

There is a difference between what happened in that movie theater and people dying in Africa. If you say that people die everyday in Africa, it becomes a statistic. Don't get me wrong that is still tragic, but we know its going to happen.. it's expected, just like an old man dying of old age is expected. And the truth is, this event is important because nobody there should have died that day. Its also important because it changes things. It allows us to learn from our mistakes and make things safer for the future. It also has nothing to do with amount, it has to do with circumstance. This event is no less tragic than Colombine or 9/11 and it will have the same impact even if its on a smaller scale. When the truth is everybody dies, the fact that we die becomes less important, instead its how and when we die.

DoctorDonna wrote:

There is a difference between what happened in that movie theater and people dying in Africa. If you say that people die everyday in Africa, it becomes a statistic. Don't get me wrong that is still tragic, but we know its going to happen.. it's expected, just like an old man dying of old age is expected. And the truth is, this event is important because nobody there should have died that day. Its also important because it changes things. It allows us to learn from our mistakes and make things safer for the future. It also has nothing to do with amount, it has to do with circumstance. This event is no less tragic than Colombine or 9/11 and it will have the same impact even if its on a smaller scale. When the truth is everybody dies, the fact that we die becomes less important, instead its how and when we die.
+ 1

America, like Batman, must RISE up and not give in to fear. SEE The Dark Knight Rises to honor the victims. Im sure they would want us to watch what im sure was there favorite movie franchise. We cant be like Foley and stay tucked away in our homes. Lets show that sick fuck, wana-be Joker... us Batman fans don't give in to fear. See the movie.

prince0gotham wrote:The point isn't to facepalm someone about how he doesn't pay as much attention to how people are dying in another part of the world. It's to analyse what's wrong with the media, how people create media, how people react to media, how that reaction then governs what's required from it and so on and so on. Go ahead and blame hypocrites for being hypocrites instead of blaming the monster and environment that they'er a victim to one way or another.

Once out in the media one just can't not take a thing like this seriously. Which is why this probably shouldn't have gone worldwide-public in the first place.
This is not about the media, this is about people. Let's face it, people can prevent a lot of deaths by donating and helping others who are suffering from hunger and sickness. Do you know why they don't? It's simple, they don't care. It's not even about not having enough money or cruelty towards others. They simply don't want to know.

So when I see one of them saying I'm so sorry for someone who just died and I didn't even know him, I just say: Nonsense, it's just you trying to make yourself feel good. Nothing more.
DoctorDonna wrote:There is a difference between what happened in that movie theater and people dying in Africa. If you say that people die everyday in Africa, it becomes a statistic. Don't get me wrong that is still tragic, but we know its going to happen.
So you mean if from now on everyday several people get shot and die in movie theaters by different psychos, it becomes normal and we should stop caring about it as much as we do now? :eh:
And the truth is, this event is important because nobody there should have died that day.
None of the 500 African kids who just died in the last 30 minutes that we were talking should have either. But they did, because other people decided they should.
Last edited by Master Virgo on July 21st, 2012, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.