Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
it's horrifying and it makes me angry that something that people were looking forward to for years is going to be tainted by this event. i know i was going to see the movie in a few hours and i honestly feel too sick to go now. now this horrible event is going to be forever associated with nolan's hard work in making this movie and that's incredibly unfair to him, the cast, the crew and the fans. if the film finds big success in the box office, on monday we'll hear that news alongside a reiterated broadcast of the shooting. and 14 people who were looking forward to this film will never get to see it. a tragedy all around.

Agreed. Let's focus on the victims and the survivors and (because its unavoidable) the evil soulless son of a bitch who caused this. Personally, I'm glad he didnt off himself and take the easy way out. His punishment should be as drawn out and painful as possible. Then he can die. (My preference is that it happens at the hands of his fellow inmates rather than the state) But nothing can undo the damage of his heinous acts.

Not that it matters, but Im gonna wait a week before seeing the movie now. Not in the mood to see it this weekend as I had planned. Neither here nor there I know.

You're being a bit ridiculous if you aren't going to see the movie now because of this. That could happen anywhere at anytime where large groups of people gather.

Not out of fear, genius. Just not in the mood. Sorry if you dont get it.

I would actually encourage anyone who feels up to it to watch the movie as planned. Security will be tight everywhere, so safety shouldnt be an issue. I just dont want to be thinking about this evil fucking asshole and his crimes while watching TDKR. Im not so great at compartmentalizing I guess.
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on July 20th, 2012, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote="Joeyjojo72"
Not that it matters, but Im gonna wait a week before seeing the movie now. Not in the mood to see it this weekend as I had planned. Neither here nor there I know.[/quote]

I definitely hear you, and I get where you're coming from.

But, actually, I'd encourage you to go as soon as you feel right about seeing it.

We can't let the bastards get us down.

And, I saw the film last night, and when I came home and heard the Colorado news, I though, "This film isn't pro-violence. This film is meant to be uplifting. I am NOT gonna let some crazy with a gun take that away from me."

Seeing the film might be a good way of saying "F--k you" to the bastards.

But whatever you do, see the film, because you deserve to enjoy it, on your terms, not anyone else's
Last edited by JMan on July 20th, 2012, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

They pulled the Gangster Squad trailer from TDKR showing because it has people coming out from behind the screen, shooting randomly at people. I was looking forward to that trailer, but, as Joeyjojo72 said about the film itself I'm no longer in the mood for it.

I hear you man. I will definitely see it, probably more than once, but not today and probably not this weekend. Ill play it by ear and check with my friends. Maybe if the movie was a light comedy or something less heavy like TA, it would actually get my mind off of this terrible news, but TDKR isnt exactly light fare. Wednesday perhaps, if I can find someone to go with me midweek.

Im certainly not discouraging others from seeing it tonight. Just talking me myself and I.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:I hear you man. I will definitely see it, probably more than once, but not today and probably not this weekend. Ill play it by ear and check with my friends. Maybe if the movie was a light comedy or something less heavy like TA, it would actually get my mind off of this terrible news, but TDKR isnt exactly light fare. Wednesday perhaps, if I can find someone to go with me midweek.

Im certainly not discouraging others from seeing it tonight. Just talking me myself and I.
I hear you. But I hope you enjoy it when you do see it. I thought it was a great end to the trilogy story, since I like all three films, and don't really care about arguing with anyone about which of the three films is "better." Taken together, it's a great story. Enjoy.

Just Stop this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad he's in custody...his punishment must be more severe :judge: