Palastine-Israel Issue: Why America supports Israel ???

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Peace wrote:I don't see what all the fuss is about.
There's technically systematic mass murder (GENOCIDE) of civilians going on in Palestine committed by Israel.

I really don't want to start a debate, but FreakLikeMe, you seem to act like the Palestines are whimpering in the corner as Israel makes fun of them and that the Palestines are 100% in the right. Which they're not. Both parties are wrong.

Bacon wrote:I really don't want to start a debate, but FreakLikeMe, you seem to act like the Palestines are whimpering in the corner as Israel makes fun of them and that the Palestines are 100% in the right. Which they're not. Both parties are wrong.
Your idea of what I mean by "Palestine" is incorrect.
Is Hamas wrong? Yes. They are a terroristic organization who pose a significant threat.
Is Israel wrong? Yes. They are murdering civilians.
Hamas and Palestine are two different things. The REAL Palestine is the civilians who have nothing. Nothing. Nothing to do with the conflict and are being butchered and slaughtered.
How is it that there have been 62 Israeli soldiers dead, 3 Israeli civilians and OVER ONE THOUSAND Palestinian civilians are dead? Who is targeting who here? Clearly Hamas is bad, but at least they're killing the necessary people. Israel is slaughtering innocent Palestinians, 192 deaths being children.
Is Palestine whimpering in the corner? Yes they are. Sorry but the nation of Palestine is 100% in the right, Hamas and Israel are 100% in the wrong.

FreakLikeMe wrote:
Peace wrote:I don't see what all the fuss is about.
There's technically systematic mass murder (GENOCIDE) of civilians going on in Palestine committed by Israel.
I wasn't being serious. It's horrible. Israel should target Hamas. Be you know, strategical. Instead they seem to be bent on killing innocent people. Makes you wonder what their end game is. Just because they don't come out and say it like the radicals doesn't mean they don't want to eradicate Palestine.

What a lot people don’t understand is Hamas are the newest to the struggle, Israel were attacking and murdering Palestinians long before Hamas came around. The first ones to resist against Israel were all secular and liberal Arabic parties. For example, in Lebanon it was the communist party and the Syrian Social Nationalist Party, in Palestine it was Fateh and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine but Israel made it a point of assassinating all the educated people of this secular resistance. Doctors, writers, poets, leaders, even caricature artists murdered by the hundreds in the 60s, 70s and 80s and not just in Palestine or in Lebanon, but all over the world. Hamas is a purely Israeli creation, they were formed to combat the secular parties. They are now at the front of this struggle because Israel brought them there and Israel wants them there. Having the Palestinians be religious extremists, not doctors and artists, makes Israel’s action look more legitimate in the eyes of the public.

Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".
The Hamas had built its strength through its various acts of sabotage of the peace process, in a way which was compatible with the interests of the Israeli government. In turn, the latter sought in a number of ways, to prevent the application of the Oslo accords. In other words, Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State. And in this regard, Hamas and Ariel Sharon, see eye to eye; they are exactly on the same wave length.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/ZER403A.html

Jews.

FreakLikeMe wrote:Jews.

I'm actually Jewish though, soooo.....

RIFA wrote:
That freaked me out.

The very conflict between Israel and Palestine will come to an end if and when the Palestinians decide to overthrow the men of Hamas. Today, majority of the Arab countries are actually on Israel's side mainly because they cannot stand Hamas. Hamas was and will always be a terrorist group with backward mindsets thinking of wiping out Jews from the planet earth. That's just so juvenile of them to even today dream such a dream. And, whoever, stands to defend Hamas, he/she is not different than the very men of Hamas who build tunnels to hide, torture people, transfer weapons and terrorize the neighboring countries.

Palestinians are in need of a role model, a bright leader to tell them, it isn't about land or religion or few olive trees, it's about peace and love. So, let's throw Hamas away. And, the government of Palestine, the current president sits as if he is a sculpture with no meaning behind his existence.