The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Oh, I didn't know that. Never noticed the capitalization since I wasn't familiar with this concept. That makes things different, definitely.

It's a very interesting (and terrifying) psychological and social phenomenon that we're witnessing with the Trump presidency. Nearly anyone would be destroyed after posting the same tweet, using GENOCIDE as a pun - except for Donald Trump, President of the United States. It's an extremely twisted, broken thing that he can literally say anything at any time, and no one bats an eyelid. And I mean no one: you see all the funny reactions and more serious replies to his tweet (and any tweet that he ever sent out), you see the "professional outrage" as Bill Burr would put it, maybe even CNN has a report on it, but that's it. It dies out in a few days. Literally no one else could do this apart from Donald Trump. Not even Obama would be able to get away with it in my opinion, let alone other media personalities. They would need to apologise for weeks to come after a tweet like that.

New York Times - Intimidation, Pressure and Humiliation: Inside Trump’s Two-Year War on the Investigations Encircling Him
WASHINGTON — As federal prosecutors in Manhattan gathered evidence late last year about President Trump’s role in silencing women with hush payments during the 2016 campaign, Mr. Trump called Matthew G. Whitaker, his newly installed attorney general, with a question. He asked whether Geoffrey S. Berman, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York and a Trump ally, could be put in charge of the widening investigation, according to several American officials with direct knowledge of the call.

Mr. Whitaker, who had privately told associates that part of his role at the Justice Department was to “jump on a grenade” for the president, knew he could not put Mr. Berman in charge because Mr. Berman had already recused himself from the investigation. The president soon soured on Mr. Whitaker, as he often does with his aides, and complained about his inability to pull levers at the Justice Department that could make the president’s many legal problems go away.

Trying to install a perceived loyalist atop a widening inquiry is a familiar tactic for Mr. Trump, who has been struggling to beat back the investigations that have consumed his presidency. His efforts have exposed him to accusations of obstruction of justice as Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, finishes his work investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.
New York Times - Trump Has Publicly Attacked the Russia Investigation More Than 1,100 Times

USA Today - Thousands of migrant children report they were sexually assaulted in U.S. custody

New York Times - [Former Trump attorney] Michael Cohen Plans to Call Trump a ‘Conman’ and a ‘Cheat’ in Congressional Testimony
“In conversations we had during the campaign, at the same time I was actively negotiating in Russia for him, he would look me in the eye and tell me there’s no business in Russia and then go out and lie to the American people by saying the same thing,” Mr. Cohen plans to say. “In his way, he was telling me to lie.”

He will add: “Mr. Trump did not directly tell me to lie to Congress. That’s not how he operates.”

Mr. Cohen will also tell Congress that Mr. Trump had advanced knowledge through his longtime adviser, Roger J. Stone Jr., that WikiLeaks would publish hacked emails from the campaign of his opponent, Hillary Clinton.

“As I earlier stated, Mr. Trump knew from Roger Stone in advance about the WikiLeaks drop of emails,” Mr. Cohen will say.

“In July 2016, days before the Democratic convention, I was in Mr. Trump’s office when his secretary announced that Roger Stone was on the phone. Mr. Trump put Mr. Stone on the speakerphone,” his written remarks say. “Mr. Stone told Mr. Trump that he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange and that Mr. Assange told Mr. Stone that, within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Mr. Trump responded by stating to the effect of ‘wouldn’t that be great.’”

Mr. Stone, who was recently indicted on charges that include witness tampering and false statements to Congress, has denied to reporters that such a conversation took place.
Michael Cohen: Sometime in the summer of 2017, I read all over the media that there had been a meeting in Trump Tower in June 2016 involving Don Jr. and others from the campaign with Russians, including a representative of the Russian government, and an email setting up the meeting with the subject line, “Dirt on Hillary Clinton.” Something clicked in my mind. I remember being in the room with Mr. Trump, probably in early June 2016, when something peculiar happened. Don Jr. came into the room and walked behind his father’s desk – which in itself was unusual. People didn’t just walk behind Mr. Trump’s desk to talk to him. I recalled Don Jr. leaning over to his father and speaking in a low voice, which I could clearly hear, and saying: “The meeting is all set.” I remember Mr. Trump saying, “Ok good…let me know.” What struck me as I looked back and thought about that exchange between Don Jr. and his father was, first, that Mr. Trump had frequently told me and others that his son Don Jr. had the worst judgment of anyone in the world. And also, that Don Jr. would never set up any meeting of any significance alone – and certainly not without checking with his father. I also knew that nothing went on in Trump world, especially the campaign, without Mr. Trump’s knowledge and approval. So, I concluded that Don Jr. was referring to that June 2016 Trump Tower meeting about dirt on Hillary with the Russian representative when he walked behind his dad’s
desk that day -- and that Mr. Trump knew that was the meeting Don Jr. was talking about when he said, “That’s good…let me know.”
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper ... pdf#page=1

I'm only watching this nonsense so that I'd be able to understand the jokes on SNL later. Lol.£

New York Times - [Former Trump personal attorney and RNC deputy finance chairman] Michael Cohen Accuses Trump of Expansive Pattern of Lies and Criminality

Vice - [Former Trump personal attorney and RNC deputy finance chairman] Michael Cohen implicated Trump in at least 11 different felonies
  1. POTENTIAL EVIDENCE IN A RUSSIA CONSPIRACY CASE
  2. LYING TO [SPECIAL COUNSEL] MUELLER
  3. SUBORNING PERJURY
  4. CAMPAIGN FINANCE VIOLATIONS
  5. ELECTION FRAUD
  6. INSURANCE FRAUD
  7. WITNESS TAMPERING
  8. BANK FRAUD
  9. TAX FRAUD
  10. FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE
  11. MISUSING CHARITABLE FUNDS
  12. MORE MYSTERY CRIMES….
Business Insider - 'I will take him at his word': Trump sides with North Korea and says Kim Jong Un had no idea Otto Warmbier was in 'horrible' condition

New York Times - Trump Ordered Officials to Give Jared Kushner a Security Clearance
President Trump ordered his chief of staff to grant his son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, a top-secret security clearance last year, overruling concerns flagged by intelligence officials and the White House’s top lawyer, four people briefed on the matter said.

Mr. Trump’s decision in May so troubled senior administration officials that at least one, the White House chief of staff at the time, John F. Kelly, wrote a contemporaneous internal memo about how he had been “ordered” to give Mr. Kushner the top-secret clearance.

The White House counsel at the time, Donald F. McGahn II, also wrote an internal memo outlining the concerns that had been raised about Mr. Kushner — including by the C.I.A. — and how Mr. McGahn had recommended that he not be given a top-secret clearance.

Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe D. Lowell, also said at the time the clearance was granted last year that his client went through a standard process. Ivanka Trump, the president’s eldest daughter and Mr. Kushner’s wife, said the same thing three weeks ago.

Asked on Thursday about the memos contradicting the president’s account, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, said, “We don’t comment on security clearances.”

So how long before Trump starts saying that the entire judicial system is broken and they are coming after me with fabricated evidence...please don't let them take me, I'm too weak..I can't hold on any longer...please don't..please don't.£

that's not gonna happen cause 45 can't say the word 'fabricated', especially when there's good old 'fake' .