The Cloverfield Paradox (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
When you have Chris O'Dowd's character breaking lame jokes in otherwise dramatic,serious scenes you know then the film is tonally deaf.

Cloverfield, back in 2008, I remember watching it on the big screen and having a blast with the audience. It's one of the best monster films of all time, in my opinion. I adore the creature more than King Kong and Godzilla. Its beautiful and vicious.

The film begins mysteriously, then ends in the same manner. It made Reeves automatically one of my favorite filmmakers. Then, in 2016, I was taken by surprise again by 10 Cloverfield Lane. I had fun in the movie theater just as much as I had fun watching Cloverfield. Now, this mess, Cloverfield Paradox, just ruined the whole idea of the sequel. Wonder if Abrams was even there to watch over the artists involved. I'm not going to watch it. So, please feel free to spoil the hell out of it for me.

Rohan wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 8:54 pm
Cloverfield, back in 2008, I remember watching it on the big screen and having a blast with the audience. It's one of the best monster films of all time, in my opinion. I adore the creature more than King Kong and Godzilla. Its beautiful and vicious.

The film begins mysteriously, then ends in the same manner. It made Reeves automatically one of my favorite filmmakers. Then, in 2016, I was taken by surprise again by 10 Cloverfield Lane. I had fun in the movie theater just as much as I had fun watching Cloverfield. Now, this mess, Cloverfield Paradox, just ruined the whole idea of the sequel. Wonder if Abrams was even there to watch over the artists involved. I'm not going to watch it. So, please feel free to spoil the hell out of it for me.
The tone is all over the place and it has a pace that is inconstant. The joke cracking every big scene kills it. Scenes do not flow into one another

Vader182 wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 6:24 pm
ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 6:13 pm
Rohan wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Ava exaggerates all the time. I had to stop following her long time ago. But someone last night retweeted her tweet about this flick. I figured it's going to be bad as soon as I read it.
I'm aware she exaggerates all the time, but she was framing Netflix dumping this as game-changing racial activism.

The woman is a lunatic.
No Armand, she just loves TV movies. Remember, she made one. Hers actually made it to theaters.

-Vader
You're being unfair to everyone who knows about how to stage and shoot a scene.

Oku
DREAMER wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 8:42 pm
When you have Chris O'Dowd's character breaking lame jokes in otherwise dramatic,serious scenes you know then the film is tonally deaf.
Dang it, you broke the unbroken chain of back-and-forth between Rohan and xWhereAmI?; I was about to tell them to get a room. :lol:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 10:17 pm
Vader182 wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 6:24 pm
ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 6:13 pm

I'm aware she exaggerates all the time, but she was framing Netflix dumping this as game-changing racial activism.

The woman is a lunatic.
No Armand, she just loves TV movies. Remember, she made one. Hers actually made it to theaters.

-Vader
You're being unfair to everyone who knows about how to stage and shoot a scene.
Are you saying that Selma is not even worthy of being called a TV movie?

Oku wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 12:55 am
I'm saying I've got concerns over Ava DuVernay as a director in the A/V world. This includes 13th. I hope Middle of Nowhere proves me wrong when I get around to it... or maybe even the Disney flick.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 1:33 am
Oku wrote:
I'm saying I've got concerns over Ava DuVernay as a director in the A/V world. This includes 13th. I hope Middle of Nowhere proves me wrong when I get around to it... or maybe even the Disney flick.
I never took you for an optimist.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 1:47 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 1:33 am
Oku wrote:
I never took you for an optimist.

-Vader
I said that in case some Twitter loon or Kris Tapley is watching

This is probably gonna end up being the worst movie of the year.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

A good explanation of all three films: