[SPOILERS] Prometheus Theories Thread [SPOILERS]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Been reading the original script for Alien. Astonishing details, so astonishing I had to stop and post.
INTERIOR - TOMB - DAY

Broussard is standing on a dusty stone floor, with a feeble column of
sunlight shining down around him from the tunnel above. Around is
solid darkness.

He flashes his datastick around. The beam reveals that he is in a
stone room. STRANGE HEIROGLYPHICS are carved into the walls. They have
a primitive, religious appearance. Row after row of pictograms stretch
from floor to ceiling, some epic history in an unknown language. Huge
religious symbols dominate one wall.

Spaced at intervals are stylized stone statues, depicting grotesque
monsters, half anthropoid, half octopus.

BROUSSARD
It's unbelievable! It's like some
kind of tomb... some primitive
religion!
Hey, is anybody there? Do
you read me? Standard!

INTERIOR - TOMB - LATE AFTERNOON

Face bare, Broussard approaches the center of the room, which is
dominated by a large, broad pedestal. On the pedestal are ROWS OF
LEATHERY URNS OR JARS
, EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE BROUSSARD STUMBLED ACROSS IN THE ALIEN SHIP -- EXCEPT THESE ARE ALL SEALED.

He walks around the urns, studying them. They all have sealed lids. He
shines his light on one of them; then he lays his gloved hand on it.

He lifts his mask radio to his lips.

BROUSSARD
I don't know if you can hear me, but
the place is full of large bottles
or jars, just like the one we found
on the other ship -- except these
are all sealed. Also they're soft to
the touch.

He peers more closely at the leathery object.

BROUSSARD (CONT'D)
Another funny thing -- I just put my
hand on it, and now there are these
raised areas appearing where my
fingertips were.
I assume Dan O'Bannon is happy in heaven now :) Justice!
Pretty awesome how many of his original un-used ideas for Alien, has ended up being used in Prometheus.

LiberNovus wrote:Been reading the original script for Alien. Astonishing details, so astonishing I had to stop and post.
INTERIOR - TOMB - DAY

Broussard is standing on a dusty stone floor, with a feeble column of
sunlight shining down around him from the tunnel above. Around is
solid darkness.

He flashes his datastick around. The beam reveals that he is in a
stone room. STRANGE HEIROGLYPHICS are carved into the walls. They have
a primitive, religious appearance. Row after row of pictograms stretch
from floor to ceiling, some epic history in an unknown language. Huge
religious symbols dominate one wall.

Spaced at intervals are stylized stone statues, depicting grotesque
monsters, half anthropoid, half octopus.

BROUSSARD
It's unbelievable! It's like some
kind of tomb... some primitive
religion!
Hey, is anybody there? Do
you read me? Standard!

INTERIOR - TOMB - LATE AFTERNOON

Face bare, Broussard approaches the center of the room, which is
dominated by a large, broad pedestal. On the pedestal are ROWS OF
LEATHERY URNS OR JARS
, EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE BROUSSARD STUMBLED ACROSS IN THE ALIEN SHIP -- EXCEPT THESE ARE ALL SEALED.

He walks around the urns, studying them. They all have sealed lids. He
shines his light on one of them; then he lays his gloved hand on it.

He lifts his mask radio to his lips.

BROUSSARD
I don't know if you can hear me, but
the place is full of large bottles
or jars, just like the one we found
on the other ship -- except these
are all sealed. Also they're soft to
the touch.

He peers more closely at the leathery object.

BROUSSARD (CONT'D)
Another funny thing -- I just put my
hand on it, and now there are these
raised areas appearing where my
fingertips were.
I assume Dan O'Bannon is happy in heaven now :) Justice!
Pretty awesome how many of his original un-used ideas for Alien, has ended up being used in Prometheus.
Epic bump.

Awesome find. In a way though, it makes me sad Prometheus used leftovers of Alien. I'm anxious to revisit it, I wonder how well it'll hold up on a rewatch. It's amazing how easily some changes could've made the film masterful since so much of it is done so well.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Awesome find. In a way though, it makes me sad Prometheus used leftovers of Alien. I'm anxious to revisit it, I wonder how well it'll hold up on a rewatch. It's amazing how easily some changes could've made the film masterful since so much of it is done so well.

-Vader
I agree to some degree. But overall, now in the wake of it and discovering all this stuff is making me love the movie more and more. The silly shortcutted science is easy to overlook. And my bets are on a good extended edition that will fill some holes, hopefully as satisfying as Kingdom of Heaven :)

Vader182 wrote:Awesome find. In a way though, it makes me sad Prometheus used leftovers of Alien. I'm anxious to revisit it, I wonder how well it'll hold up on a rewatch. It's amazing how easily some changes could've made the film masterful since so much of it is done so well.

-Vader
Surprisingly i watched it again with a couple of friends these days. For me... it remained the same... or even more than that since now I know how to connect the dots. The surprise came from my friends who were unsatisfied at first but liked it much more now. It seems that it has a really great replay value. Good sign for this film's/franchise' future. You really get the feeling that this film was made more to make people talk and gossip. Truth is... most people will watch Prometheus 2 (or whatever the name will be) no matter if they enjoyed or not the first one. And they'll watch it because the first one succeeded in setting this new franchise. I guess the engineers and the whole concept developed around them is interesting after all.

Like Blade Runner, Prometheus has so many undertones and details it will take the haters 10+ years to finally embrace it.

Finally screened it for my bros the other day and, unfortunately, I was still frustrated with 10 000 questions left unanswered, while they managed to get hold of every single nonsense in quite devastating rate (''Wait a sec, that ship is going to squash her like a frickin bug? What is this comedy?''). Frankly, I'd be much satisfied it they simply released Director's Cut. Alien series is still The Thing for me.

m4st4 wrote:Finally screened it for my bros the other day and, unfortunately, I was still frustrated with 10 000 questions left unanswered, while they managed to get hold of every single nonsense in quite devastating rate (''Wait a sec, that ship is going to squash her like a frickin bug? What is this comedy?''). Frankly, I'd be much satisfied it they simply released Director's Cut. Alien series is still The Thing for me.
The deleted scenes they released about 2 weeks ago (on dailymotion), dont really solve any of the questions.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Finally screened it for my bros the other day and, unfortunately, I was still frustrated with 10 000 questions left unanswered, while they managed to get hold of every single nonsense in quite devastating rate (''Wait a sec, that ship is going to squash her like a frickin bug? What is this comedy?''). Frankly, I'd be much satisfied it they simply released Director's Cut. Alien series is still The Thing for me.
The deleted scenes they released about 2 weeks ago (on dailymotion), dont really solve any of the questions.
It's not even about the answers anymore, I simply give up. Some of the choices in that movie will never make him a classic, never.

m4st4 wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: The deleted scenes they released about 2 weeks ago (on dailymotion), dont really solve any of the questions.
It's not even about the answers anymore, I simply give up. Some of the choices in that movie will never make him a classic, never.
They had a hell of an idea. But poor writting made it fail. I still think Scott did a good job with it (with what he was given).
Brave New World