Justice League (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Not saying a JL movie is a good idea, but this is how I would do it:

2013 MoS
2014 Flash movie with a mid-credits WW cameo
2015 World's Finest with Supes and Bats teamup, and WW in 3rd act. Mid-credits Aquaman
2016 WW movie with mid-credits Martian Manhunter cameo.
2016 Aquaman movie with JL mid-credits setup.
2017 JL movie featuring Supes Bats WW MM Flash and Aquaman.

Im not a GL fan, and have no interest in a reboot. 5 members is plenty imo. If you disagree, just replace either Aquaman or MM with GL i suppose.

My setup seems to me to be the least risky way to go about it. A Flash movie would be by far the cheapest to produce, and if its successful and theres positive feedback on the WW cameo, you can proceed accordingly. A Supes and Bats movie is guaranteed to make money, if its done well, and you can give Wonder Woman a proper introduction and cement the tone for her movie.

The Aquaman movie is a risk, given the expense of an ocean-based production, but theres really no avoiding this if you're committed to the JL concept.

WB can of course hedge their bets by spreading this out more, allowing each film to succeed or fail before proceeding with the next one. In that case, we are talking 8 years before we arrive at JL, assuming none of the movies fail along the way.

They'll probably want to squeeze another Superman movie in there as well. As far as Batman, I think they need to wait minimum 6 years before the start up another trilogy. Nolans movies are just so monumental, its hard to imagine another version at this point, even as part of an ensemble.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Not saying a JL movie is a good idea, but this is how I would do it:

2013 MoS
2015 World's Finest with Supes and Bats teamup, and WW in 3rd act. Mid-credits Aquaman

Im not a GL fan, and have no interest in a reboot. 5 members is plenty imo. If you disagree, just replace either Aquaman or MM with GL i suppose.

My setup seems to me to be the least risky way to go about it. A Flash movie would be by far the cheapest to produce, and if its successful and theres positive feedback on the WW cameo, you can proceed accordingly. A Supes and Bats movie is guaranteed to make money, if its done well, and you can give Wonder Woman a proper introduction and cement the tone for her movie.

The Aquaman movie is a risk, given the expense of an ocean-based production, but theres really no avoiding this if you're committed to the JL concept.

WB can of course hedge their bets by spreading this out more, allowing each film to succeed or fail before proceeding with the next one. In that case, we are talking 8 years before we arrive at JL, assuming none of the movies fail along the way.

They'll probably want to squeeze another Superman movie in there as well. As far as Batman, I think they need to wait minimum 6 years before the start up another trilogy. Nolans movies are just so monumental, its hard to imagine another version at this point, even as part of an ensemble.
Shut the fuck up you faggot cunt.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Not saying a JL movie is a good idea, but this is how I would do it:

2013 MoS

An Aquaman movie would suck. Batman should not get a reboot. If Batman gets rebooted, :suicide: . And a World's Finest movie is a good idea for WB to make money , but not the best way to get love from the critics. And I BOLDED what I disliked about your ideas.

Anyways, I posted this in the Man of Steel thread.

2013: MoS
2014: WW and Flash
2015: Green Lantern "Requel"
2017 (or a little bit after): Justice League
2018: MoS and WW Sequel
2019: Third Green Lantern Film
2021 (or a little bit after): Justice League Sequel
Justice League 3, Martian Manhunter Solo film, Flashpoint adaptation, 3rd Wonder Woman movie, Death of Superman adaptation: I DO NOT FUCKING KNOW!

Red Hood wrote:Anyways, I posted this in the Man of Steel thread.

2013: MoS
2014: WW and Flash
2015: Green Lantern "Requel"
2017 (or a little bit after): Justice League
2018: MoS and WW Sequel
2019: Third Green Lantern Film
2021 (or a little bit after): Justice League Sequel
Justice League 3, Martian Manhunter Solo film, Flashpoint adaptation, 3rd Wonder Woman movie, Death of Superman adaptation: I DO NOT FUCKING KNOW!
Instead of Flashpoint they need to do Identity Crisis. It would be such a movie if done right. I think it is the best JL story.

Of course Batman will be rebooted, just a matter of when. Personally ten years or more would be ideal. But 6 years seems more realistic.

I dont even want a JL movie. I have no interest in a WW or Flash or Aquaman movie either. But if they're gonna do it, thats my pulled-out-of-my-ass plan. I only suggested the Supes Bats teamup because its the most likely to put asses in seats.

However they do it, if theres a JL movie, it WILL include a new Batman. Crying about it is pointless.

Red Hood your list seems plausible, but I do think you have to setup Batman in some way before the JL movie. And I dont think a GL reboot and/or sequel is likely given the lingering bad taste. But I'm biased because GL is one of my least favorite DC characters.

Also, who would you include in your JL team? Supes, Bats, WW, Flash and GL? I'd substitute Aquaman for GL obviously, but on second thought I agree that 5 characters is enough. MM can wait I guess.

Darkseid seemed like an obvious choice for both a JL movie and/or a Superman sequel, but give what Marvel is doing with Thanos, they may have to look elsewhere for a villain. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Of course Batman will be rebooted, just a matter of when. Personally ten years or more would be ideal. But 6 years seems more realistic.

I dont even want a JL movie. I have no interest in a WW or Flash or Aquaman movie either. But if they're gonna do it, thats my pulled-out-of-my-ass plan. I only suggested the Supes Bats teamup because its the most likely to put asses in seats.

However they do it, if theres a JL movie, it WILL include a new Batman. Crying about it is pointless.

Red Hood your list seems plausible, but I do think you have to setup Batman in some way before the JL movie. And I dont think a GL reboot and/or sequel is likely given the lingering bad taste. But I'm biased because GL is one of my least favorite DC characters.

Also, who would you include in your JL team? Supes, Bats, WW, Flash and GL? I'd substitute Aquaman for GL obviously, but on second thought I agree that 5 characters is enough. MM can wait I guess.

Darkseid seemed like an obvious choice for both a JL movie and/or a Superman sequel, but give what Marvel is doing with Thanos, they may have to look elsewhere for a villain. Or maybe not. Who knows.
All right, my idea for Batman may sound ridiculous to some. The idea is: to remove TDKR out of the JL canon, which means the events of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are canon to JL. The JL team will be composed of: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman The Flash, Cyborg (substituting for Aquaman), and Martian Manhunter. Darkseid should be the villain for the first JL film, Graves (he's new to the DC universe) for the sequel, and some apocalyptic villain for the third (and maybe last) Justice League film.

Batman will get rebooted sooner than 6 years later.

RIFA wrote:Batman will get rebooted sooner than 6 years later.
I could've sworn you or someone else said the exact same thing. I have a feeling it will, and I'd be disappointed. Hopefully the Court of Owls would be incorporated into one of the films.

RIFA wrote:Batman will get rebooted sooner than 6 years later.
You're probably right. At this point though, its impossible to visualize another version. Itll be even harder a week from now. But Batman is low hanging fruit, and the suits at WB wont be able to resist for long.