Most shocking/chilling scenes

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
fenwayconnor wrote:Saw a little bit of A Serbian Film......that is some disgusting shit and I have no desire to see anymore of that film.
Yes, there are plenty of shocking scenes.

Mason wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:Saw a little bit of A Serbian Film......that is some disgusting shit and I have no desire to see anymore of that film.
I know right? Usually I am able to tell myself "oh its just a movie and is all fake" and I can get over it...this stuff made me sick though..

In the silent surrealist short film, Un Chien Andalou (An Andalusian Dog - 1929), Spanish director Luis Buñuel and artist Salvador Dalí created one of the most disturbing images ever shown in a movie.
A woman is being held by a man as she calmly stares straight ahead. The moon is overcomed by the clouds as the man slits the woman's eye with the razor, and the vitreous humour spills out from it.
Natural Born Killers
Traumatic childhoods, sexual abuse and mass murder. This clip is not shocking but sets the tone of the movie.
Deliverance
The bold and unnerving "squeal like a pig" male rape scene.
Full Metal Jacket
This is very intense. D'Onofrio is sickly scarrying, the haunting two notes of the music highten the tension, and then... he blows his brains out.

Audition
the vomit eating scene and chopping his foot of with a wire saw...also, anything with needles make me cringe anyway :(

Mason wrote:
Shocking, sadistic, insane, psychopathic, oh-god-what-sane-human-being-could-have-even-conceived-of-this-and-passed-it-off-as-artistic....

From Wolf Creek, a movie I wish i could un-see. watch at your own risk:

skillfully made, but the kind of thing i plan to avoid in the future. enough misery in the world.

Reservoir Dogs
I knew what was going to happen in the scene before seeing it but the acting made it so much more terrifying.

OLDBOY TWIST! so good.

This one isn't shocking or chilling at all but the first time I saw the movie... it was so unexpected.

Pulp Fiction - The car scene
What a great movie.
Last edited by Octaviana on August 5th, 2012, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The above scene from Wolf Creek is one that I wish I could un-see. Soul crushing in it's brutality.

I made a point of watching an interview with the actress in that scene just to reassure my psyche that it was just a movie and she was okay. It was that bad. I have both admiration and rage toward this director because of this movie. He directed the killer crocodile movie, Rogue, a few years ago. Decent flick, much less soul crusing than Wolf Creek.

Oh and my most shocking scene was Bambi's mom getting shot.
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on August 5th, 2012, 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.