Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
GeneMod wrote:So I was going through the West Wing (great show), and in episode 1 of season four, Bartlet comments to Bruno that the universe was created in less than six weeks.
Did Sorkin literally plagiarise his own line in this movie?

BlairCo wrote:
GeneMod wrote:So I was going through the West Wing (great show), and in episode 1 of season four, Bartlet comments to Bruno that the universe was created in less than six weeks.
LOL WTF...just lost respect for Sorkin...by a lot.

Skyab23 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
What?!? Why?

EDIT: @GeneMod - i find the suggestion that one can plagiarize their own work completely ridiculous

Skyab23 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Sorkins dialogue annoys me. Correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I haven't seen everything from the man, but it's like everyone is a mouthpiece, always have clever things to say that feel well thought out, and most of his characters repeat the same expressions. At least that's my limited view of Sorkins work.

Skyab23 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
:facepalm:

Michaelf2225 wrote:
EDIT: @GeneMod - i find the suggestion that one can plagiarize their own work completely ridiculous
I was being flippant and hyperbolic. Of course you can't plagiarize yourself.