Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JohnConstantine wrote:
[Tim] Cook also engaged in a brief duel with screenwriter Aaron Sorkin, saying he thought the recent spate of Jobs movies (including a much-maligned 2013 film starring Ashton Kutcher and a documentary by Alex Gibney) was "opportunistic." Sorkin then snapped back, telling THR that "if you've got a factory full of children in China assembling phones for 17 cents an hour, you've got a lot of nerve calling someone else opportunistic." (He later walked back his statement.)
Is Batfan ready to talk some more nonsense even after this statement from none other than the scriptwriter?

m4st4 wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:
[Tim] Cook also engaged in a brief duel with screenwriter Aaron Sorkin, saying he thought the recent spate of Jobs movies (including a much-maligned 2013 film starring Ashton Kutcher and a documentary by Alex Gibney) was "opportunistic." Sorkin then snapped back, telling THR that "if you've got a factory full of children in China assembling phones for 17 cents an hour, you've got a lot of nerve calling someone else opportunistic." (He later walked back his statement.)
Is Batfan ready to talk some more nonsense even after this statement from none other than the scriptwriter?
If it's in the film, great. Too bad he walked back the statement in the end though.

BlairCo wrote:Has anyone on here actually seen it yet?
Steve Jobs is great, and my #1 of the year so far. A strong 8 out of 10. It's super sharp, full of energy, Fassbender gives one of his best performances, and it offers a really fresh experience structurally (three real-time sequences with flashbacks scattered throughout). As was the case with Birdman, there's a joy to how effortlessly the movie is able to juggle conflict — piling them on top of each other and ramping up the intensity, comedy, and drama to some very satisfying climaxes (even if some of them become a bit too shouty). There's a subplot with Jobs' daughter Lisa that grows in importance and focus as each sequence progresses, and it was really the one major sour note for me. There are sweet moments, but too many of the emotional beats surrounding her are forced, cheesy, or almost at odds with previous characterizations.

Sorkin is firing on almost all cylinders and the structure is unique and compelling, but Boyle's strangely subdued and indecisive direction can't quite match it. B

Full review here: http://wp.me/p1oNyz-vc

Hindsight is 20/20, but I would have loved to see what Fincher and Bale would have done with Sorkin's script.

Vader sent me a picture of what looks like either soap or cum on his hand after getting out the screening.

If this movie bombs is it okay to call it Blow Jobs I?
Can't wait to watch this.