Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't know.

Law wrote:They should rename this Michael Fassbender
So true. Fassy is going to have a lot of material to demonstrate his acting, but not a sign of Jobs in first two story pieces..

Law wrote:They should rename this Michael Fassbender
Agreed.

Damn just think what Bale x DF could have done with this project. Would have been gawd level.

I know it's not fair but compare that trailer with this:

I don't care about Zuckerberg, or Steve Jobs, but there has to be something driving the entire thing, if only the intrigue of potentially interesting Steve Jobs movie that isn't just about him... I don't see it yet, and partly because I don't see it in Fassbender yet.

Makes me want to read Isaacson's biography again.

It's not fair because Boyle aint Fincher. Not even close.

Did y'all know Mr Jobs personally?

Let Fassy do his thing/interpretation yo.

ArmandFancypants wrote:It's not fair because Boyle aint Fincher. Not even close.
And still, even with that in mind, I posted the trailer as an example of a well composed tease for audiences who might not be into it, at first.
the_red_ninja wrote:Did y'all know Mr Jobs personally?

Let Fassy do his thing/interpretation yo.
I know nothing about Mr. Jobs aside from the basics, but the point is to be intrigued by someone's performance (if we're talking about biopics) rather then neutral, or ambivalent.

Loved the trailer. Didn't really get an emotional push out of me that I was looking for, but I'm loving the energy from everything. Fassbender may look like Fassbender in some shots, but he looks a lot like Jobs in others. And the dialogue delivery is so on-point. This is an extremely "make it or break it" movie.

Holy boom, this looks awesome! Greatly cut trailer, also I love the archived/old film look on the older-set footage, great creative decision by Boyle, and glad that compared to the version of script going round, it seems like they will show the presentations themselves, or at least part of them