Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:That's a shame. Cruise would have been fantastic.
Boyle was right, he's fiftytwo. He's a fantastic actor but limits exist for everyone, even Tom Cruise.

m4st4 wrote:Edit: Lol, Fincher refused 40 mil. :lol: And what, Sorkin doesn't know who Fassy is (paraphrased)? Jesus. I'm glad they went with Fassy now.
Sorkin came off more concerned with the films award chances and boxoffice more than anything. What an egomaniac.

I expect this type of behavior from a studio exec but from the writer? Jesus.

Glad Boyle got his way.

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Edit: Lol, Fincher refused 40 mil. :lol: And what, Sorkin doesn't know who Fassy is (paraphrased)? Jesus. I'm glad they went with Fassy now.
Sorkin came off more concerned with the films award chances and boxoffice more than anything. What an egomaniac.

I expect this type of behavior from a studio exec but from the writer? Jesus.

Glad Boyle got his way.
He wants it to be successful... he's selling his baby in a private conversation, it didn't seem out of place to be honest, he's bragging because he feels he can, but I'm sure he wouldn't if he knew the whole world is watching lol. These leaks are wonderful, now I'm only waiting for all the Dragon Tattoo sequel leaks... just to hear about their issues and holdups on that one. It seems ironic that they're being hacked now.

I guess I just found it hilarious he did not even know who Fassbender was and now he has the part. lol.

He will be on every magazine cover and be nominated for everything!

From the beginning, Sorkin was the star. Can you think of any other writer who makes you excited alone for a project more than Sorkin? He's his own celebrity, maybe even more than Boyle. So of course he'd like to have a say in who is cast.

I think the Fassebender comment is out of context.

Allstar wrote:I guess I just found it hilarious he did not even know who Fassbender was and now he has the part. lol.

He will be on every magazine cover and be nominated for everything!
Yeah, like he's some sort of breakout star. Tup! Facepalm. :facepalm:

How out of touch someone like Sorkin, guy very much in the business, can be?

More leaks, please. More leaks on...

*It's hilarious how Fincher dictates his projects: 45 mil. and I won't budge bitches. Alien 3 created a monster.

The email of the guy begging DiCaprio to do Jobs over The Revenant is fucking hilarious.
Further, the production isn't set in the middle of the jungle, nor require a physical transformation, but will be shot in a city such as San Francisco
Thank god he did not listen.

I love Fincher.

...and there's grade A trolling from Fincher.
I feel bad for reading this, hell I'm mega conflicted morally over this.