Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Has Michael ever done an American accent in a movie?
I feel like he attempted one in The Couselor.

Sony has put into turn-around the project; Universal is picking it up now.
EXCLUSIVE: In a shocking development, the Aaron Sorkin-scripted film about Apple genius Steve Jobs has been put in turnaround by Sony Pictures, and Universal Pictures is making a strong play for the movie. The film, an adaptation of the bestselling Walter Isaacson biography, has Slumdog Millionaire‘s Danny Boyle set to direct, with Michael Fassbender recently courted to play Jobs. The film is produced by Scott Rudin, Christian Colson, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady.

The film has been on a very fast track, even as the filmmakers have worked to lock down a lead actor. There was a previous courtship of Christian Bale, which didn’t come to fruition. A speedy move to another studio would keep the momentum of the project intact. Neither Sony nor Universal would comment.

UPDATE: I’m hearing very strongly that Universal is indeed locking down the Jobs project and essentially giving it a green light. This should be closed by tomorrow latest. That means the project shouldn’t lose any momentum despite the studio move. Will provide more details when I get them.
http://deadline.com/2014/11/steve-jobs- ... 201289686/

EDIT:
Why the project is being let go by the studio isn't immediately clear but sources say that Annapurna Pictures, the production and financing shingle run by Megan Ellison, was to be involved as a partner on the feature project and had backed out. Despite that, producers were still in the midst of casting the project and had made an offer to Scarlett Johansson for a part.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... -at-750618
Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider
Sony let go of the Steve Jobs movie? WOW! I wonder if it was Sorkin's script or Jobs' widow's disapproval of the project...
Last edited by Atlas Retreat on November 19th, 2014, 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I reckon they should get McAvoy instead of Fassbender. He's worked with Boyle before and I simply can't see Fassbender as Jobs.

BlairCo wrote:I reckon they should get McAvoy instead of Fassbender. He's worked with Boyle before and I simply can't see Fassbender as Jobs.
That might not be a bad idea. I actually McAvoy is better Than Fass. If only by the skin on his teeth. I could not see anyone else in his role in 12 Years though.

The winding saga of the Steve Jobs biopic continues ever on after Sony recently put the film into turnaround, which according to The Hollywood Reporter has led to Universal swiftly taking over the project with Danny Boyle remaining in the directors chair and Aaron Sorkin still scripting. Acclaimed actor Michael Fassbender is currently attached to play the enigmatic Apple CEO in a compressed story that has him dramatically interacting with figures such as co-founder Steve Wozniak and former CEO John Sculley.

This movie’s tortured saga has seen a much maligned rival project (2013′s JOBS) come and go from theaters while influential directors (David Fincher) and big movie stars (Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale) courted the film only to drop out, but Universal picking up the slack could be just the shot in the arm the beleaguered biopic needs. Universal has a history of picking up trouble projects from other studios, as they did when they snatched up recent hit Dumb and Dumber To after Warner Bros. passed on it.

When Christian Bale was still attached at Sony, funnyman Seth Rogen was in talks to play mischievous prankster computer genius Wozniak while Jessica Chastain–currently hot off of Interstellar and A Most Violent Year–was rumored for an unknown part as well. In his interview with Bloomberg (via Apple Insider), Sorkin indicated that both Apple’s original head of Mac marketing Joanna Hoffman and Steve Jobs’ daughter Lisa would play major roles in the story, either of which could be a rich role for Chastain.

Based on Walter Isaacson’s 2011 biography “Steve Jobs,” Universal’s currently untitled Jobs movie will be produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/3 ... -from-sony

This movie seems to be stuck in limbo. I was thinking Bale would have been perfect for it but he is not in it anymore, nothing seems clear about this film so far.

BlairCo wrote:
He seems like he's starting to get annoyed with being questioned about Ben Affleck as Batman.
For some reason I never trust Bale in interviews completely... he always seems unreachable, or like he's playing a specific character for that interview. He never gives all of himself, which is neither good or bad, just... ambiguous. In that particular interview I have a feeling he didn't like the guy, or maybe he was distracted and felt like enough bullshit is enough for the day, but since it's also his job he remains polite.