Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Wait, what? Coppola is directing? And Gene Hackman is back from retirement? Wow.

Um, no.

Kilmer trolled everyone.

What a troll :lol:

:blank:
m4st4 wrote:Kilmer trolled everyone.
Give him a break. He's got to do something to get another 15 minutes of fame.

Didn't he recover from throat cancer or something? I sorta feel sorry for the guy. And wouldn't mind seeing an actual Top Gun 2, but that ship has sailed.

m4st4 wrote:Didn't he recover from throat cancer or something? I sorta feel sorry for the guy. And wouldn't mind seeing an actual Top Gun 2, but that ship has sailed.
I don't think you should feel sorry for him. He has spend his entire career being abusive to others especially extras and he has gotten away with it. He has treated numerous women like trash.

A truly vile human being.

MyCocaine wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Didn't he recover from throat cancer or something? I sorta feel sorry for the guy. And wouldn't mind seeing an actual Top Gun 2, but that ship has sailed.
I don't think you should feel sorry for him. He has spend his entire career being abusive to others especially extras and he has gotten away with it. He has treated numerous women like trash.

A truly vile human being.
And who are you to judge? I don't know the guy in person, only bits and pieces about his fallout.

Full thing with a bit of context:
I just got offered ‪#‎topgun2‬ - not often you get to say "yes" without reading the script...
"It's starring Gene Hackman..."
"Yes" "The director is Francis Coppola..." "Yes!" They aren't involved in this production.
These are examples of what an actor says yes to
Jerry Bruckheimer and Tom Cruise!!! "Yes." We will all miss Tony Scott one of the kindest gentlemen I've ever met in the film biz, but let's fire up some fighter jets again!!! This is a long way off so calm down. This has been talked about for a long long time and being offered a role is very different from doing a role. I jumped the gun with my post. I jumped the topgun... An innocent mistake. It was just such a wonderful phone call with my agent...
I'm guessing he was told to get back into shape asap.