Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They need Kenny Loggins for this.

BlairCo wrote:Confession time! I have never seen Top Gun....
Don't worry; my parents already give me enough shit for not seeing it.
Me too.

But will they shoot on film? That's the question.

Great choice.

So this is why Cruise exited Once Upon a Time? What a fool.£

ikr...

Not necessarily. It's possible that the idiot passed on Once Upon in favor of this, and then Pitt did what he could to move World War Z back. OR Cruise would have taken the role if Pitt didn't pass the new info along to QT, so Cruise simply never got the chance to say yes.

Kosinski is an underrated director and I'm sure he'll shoot the shit out of the movie with that nice Sony F65 camera, but you don't pass on QT for him. You don't pass on QT for anybody.

Tourmie wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 7:24 pm
Kosinski is an underrated director and I'm sure he'll shoot the shit out of the movie with that nice Sony F65 camera, but you don't pass on QT for him. You don't pass on QT for anybody.
I can't believe Tom is that stupid. I'm sure he has the power to move it to the fall as well. He's fucking Tom Cruise. I'll choose to believe Brad took the role from under him before he could even have a serious talk with Tarantino. Anyways, Brad Pitt seems better for the role, he has a past with QT, he's closer in age to Leo, and not as demanding like Cruise Control. Tommy Boy is also fit for this Top Gun business, since it's all he does these days: dumb and sometimes fun blockbusters.

It's all good i guess..