Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Since the official Avengers thread is locked I thought I should post this here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/13/ ... o-theaters
Let's be honest, we all know Joss Whedon had to make a few cuts to The Avengers before release. He was pretty vocal about it, suggesting that anywhere between 30-45 minutes got axed from the film, including some pretty great character moments, like Cap reuniting with Peggy Carter.

But with The Avengers soaring toward that $600 million mark in the US, could Disney consider a late summer finale, with a three-hour Director's Cut of the film, to push them over the top? After all, there are some pretty big box office records ready to be broken.

Quite a few outlets, including Aint It Cool, SuperHeroAuthority and ComicBook.com, have suggested the possibility of a Director's Cut arriving sometime in August, right at the end of the summer season. Considering the box office mammoth this film has been thus far, and all that we know about what got cut, it's certainly within reason that Disney might consider such a move.

With the summer coming to a close, and the heat of The Dark Knight Rises simmering down, it would be a great push for not only the upcoming Blu-ray (slated for September), but also to help Disney recover from some of the John Carter losses from earlier in 2012. But let's not get too excited just yet.

IGN spoke with a Disney rep about this rumor, and they suggested it was merely that -- a rumor. But that doesn't mean the powers that be are not considering the option. The most logical choice would be to return the film to IMAX screens, however, with Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy and Expendables II soaking up screen time in August, an IMAX run might be out of the question. That said, 3D screens might be more accessible.

Now, it's entirely possible the upcoming Blu-ray, whose features haven't been made official, or fully solidified, by Disney just yet, will include a Director's Cut. That could spell a limited engagment, akin to the July one night screening of Star Trek: The Next Generation, to help promote this release.

Regardless, the word here is "unconfirmed," and until someone turns rumor into fact, all we can do is hope and pray Disney makes the call. Naturally, it'd be awesome to see a Director's Cut on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D, but it would be even better to see it in IMAX 3D

This entire thread.

If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Addicted2Movies wrote:Since the official Avengers thread is locked I thought I should post this here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/13/ ... o-theaters
Let's be honest, we all know Joss Whedon had to make a few cuts to The Avengers before release. He was pretty vocal about it, suggesting that anywhere between 30-45 minutes got axed from the film, including some pretty great character moments, like Cap reuniting with Peggy Carter.

But with The Avengers soaring toward that $600 million mark in the US, could Disney consider a late summer finale, with a three-hour Director's Cut of the film, to push them over the top? After all, there are some pretty big box office records ready to be broken.

Quite a few outlets, including Aint It Cool, SuperHeroAuthority and ComicBook.com, have suggested the possibility of a Director's Cut arriving sometime in August, right at the end of the summer season. Considering the box office mammoth this film has been thus far, and all that we know about what got cut, it's certainly within reason that Disney might consider such a move.

With the summer coming to a close, and the heat of The Dark Knight Rises simmering down, it would be a great push for not only the upcoming Blu-ray (slated for September), but also to help Disney recover from some of the John Carter losses from earlier in 2012. But let's not get too excited just yet.

IGN spoke with a Disney rep about this rumor, and they suggested it was merely that -- a rumor. But that doesn't mean the powers that be are not considering the option. The most logical choice would be to return the film to IMAX screens, however, with Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy and Expendables II soaking up screen time in August, an IMAX run might be out of the question. That said, 3D screens might be more accessible.

Now, it's entirely possible the upcoming Blu-ray, whose features haven't been made official, or fully solidified, by Disney just yet, will include a Director's Cut. That could spell a limited engagment, akin to the July one night screening of Star Trek: The Next Generation, to help promote this release.

Regardless, the word here is "unconfirmed," and until someone turns rumor into fact, all we can do is hope and pray Disney makes the call. Naturally, it'd be awesome to see a Director's Cut on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D, but it would be even better to see it in IMAX 3D
I liked the Avengers film a lot, but it would be interesting to see if the director's original vision was different. Thanks for the information. :thumbup:
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Director's Cut?? add more nonsense? The entire movie is mediocre!
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

It'd be interesting to see the original cut for sure. If they do, hopefully they'll explore Cap's "Man out of Time" aspect more, which they sort of mentioned, but kind of didn't really go that deep into to really portray it well.

Monicabbm wrote:Director's Cut?? add more nonsense? The entire movie is mediocre!
So? A "director's cut" (if it can be called that) can be pretty interesting, even if you don't share my opinion. Also, from an economic standpoint, films like Avatar have been re-released with 8 minutes of new footage, so if this one has the 30 that the article says it will be more justified. ;)
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Allstar wrote:
This won’t come as a surprise to anyone who sat through the credits of The Avengers, or who simply looked at the film’s record-breaking box office sales this past weekend. Still, fans (and investors) will be glad to hear that Disney CEO Bob Iger just announced that the company is developing a sequel. The film’s success “is a great illustration of why we like Marvel so much.” Demand for Avengers merchandise has been strong, he added.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/disney- ... velopment/
"When art imitates life"

SilverHeart wrote:It'd be interesting to see the original cut for sure. If they do, hopefully they'll explore Cap's "Man out of Time" aspect more, which they sort of mentioned, but kind of didn't really go that deep into to really portray it well.
Agreed. I'm sure the suits at Disney will be considering it, given the records-breaking box office performance so far.

This is all about

$$$

Which is dumb. It should be about art/storytelling.

Nolanoscopy wrote:This is all about

$$$

Which is dumb. It should be about art/storytelling.
Avengers is the pinnacle of storytelling.Ban this fool!