Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
07202012 wrote:
Chris435 wrote:I think Iron Man 3 will be good
Thor: Dark World will be good
Cap America: WS will be bad. I'm not confident in the directors they picked.
Guardians of the Galaxy.. i have no idea.

Avengers 2 - it's got Whedon. That's all that needs to be said.
Iron Man 3 has potential to be great.
Thor: A Dark World and Captain America: Winter Soldier will probably be average at best.
Guardians of the Galaxy will probably suck.

As for The Avengers 2, it'l probably be like the first one, over hyped and overrated.
I really expect for them not to screw IM3 up, it can be really great.
I have mixed feelings with Thor 2. Not that the first one was bad for me (but it would have been if not for hiddleston, hopkins and Elba) but I'm not sure of how this will turn out. On the one side, there are things I'm excited for (Christopher Eccleston, Alan Taylor, a more Medieval fantasy feeling for the film) but I'm not entirely sold. As for CA2, it's made the weirdest director(s) decision ever, I literally don't know how will they work.
Guardians of the Galaxy is too far awat, but I think it will probably suck (I'm hoping it's ood, however, I want a good space adventure film).

As for The Avengers 2, if Joss Whedon mantains the strength in his script and is able to improve some directorial mistakes after learning from the experience of the first film, I think it can be as good as (or better than) the first one, which, for me, got the praise it deserved and lived up to its hype.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Chris435 wrote:I think Iron Man 3 will be good
Thor: Dark World will be good
Cap America: WS will be bad. I'm not confident in the directors they picked.
Guardians of the Galaxy.. i have no idea.

Avengers 2 - it's got Whedon. That's all that needs to be said.
Yeah so about Christopher Nolan...

I seriously doubt that Nolan would be interested in doing anymore superhero movies after Batman and MoS. But hey if the money's right, who knows?

oh and didich we are pretty much on the same page. Putting GotG aside (no cast or director yet), CA2 is definitely the biggest question mark at this point.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:I seriously doubt that Nolan would be interested in doing anymore superhero movies after Batman and MoS. But hey if the money's right, who knows?

oh and didich we are pretty much on the same page. Putting GotG aside (no cast or director yet), CA2 is definitely the biggest question mark at this point.
I'm personally worried about Ant-Man. CA2 is a big worry but I'm not too worried about GotG. IM3 will do excellent, I'm predicting it will exceed the last two but Thor looks like it will be slightly weaker than the first, but still an acceptable film. Ant-Man will be a very, very tough character to put in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If it is executed perfectly, it can become a classic like the first Iron Man. CA2's writers are scaring me and I'm going to predict this movie will be a flop and it will make the 1990 Captain America look like TDK.

Toooooo maaannnnyyyy mmewwwwbiiiweesss
Sigs???

Zez
I don't know what comic-book origins Thor: The Dark World is grounded in. But I can say that Captain America: Winter Soldier will have one of the best.

Take a look. I think they could connect it nicely with the first one. My only doubt is how they're gonna tie everything together for Avengers 2. They know they're going to do a second one, so hopefully they'll plan it out from the beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky#Winter_Soldier

Well, since The Avengers is an absolute nightmare as far as cinematography goes, I wonder if Whedon will continue with the "fuck color grading lets look like a bad TV show" kind of approach, or if he'll break the already broken continuity and actually try to deliver a cinematic image this time around.

Crazy Eight wrote:Well, since The Avengers is an absolute nightmare as far as cinematography goes, I wonder if Whedon will continue with the "fuck color grading lets look like a bad TV show" kind of approach, or if he'll break the already broken continuity and actually try to deliver a cinematic image this time around.
It wasn't the color I was worried about, what the hell was up with the Image Ratio? It looked like the Film was played inside of a Square Box.

BlairCo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Well, since The Avengers is an absolute nightmare as far as cinematography goes, I wonder if Whedon will continue with the "fuck color grading lets look like a bad TV show" kind of approach, or if he'll break the already broken continuity and actually try to deliver a cinematic image this time around.
It wasn't the color I was worried about, what the hell was up with the Image Ratio? It looked like the Film was played inside of a Square Box.
Nah he just decided to keep it 1.78:1 instead of cropping to 2.40:1. It just seems extra weird since all the previous Marvel films were 2.40:1.

"it looks like a tv show" is a common complaint here, but I dont get what color grading has to do with continuity. Havent heard that one before.

Anyway, I didnt include Antman or GotG because we have so little info at this point. I'm not a big fan of Ant-Man so I dont really have an opinion either way. The test footage got a good reception so thats a good sign I guess.

And I too hope they go with 2.39:1 for TA2. It didnt bother me that much, but I agree some of the shots looked cramped.