True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
:lol:

Get on it then, man.

Lol this season sounds full of scoundrel detective sleaziness. Hope it lives up to it.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:I haven't even watched the first season yet. I'm an asshole.
Such an admission may cost you your posting privileges.

Seriously, go watch it :P

I like the cast, looking forward to the second season :thumbup:

McAdams character description is literally Lois Lane. Just replace 'detective' with 'reporter and it's basically the same character.

SilverHeart wrote:McAdams character description is literally Lois Lane. Just replace 'detective' with 'reporter and it's basically the same character.
... or it describes any number of upstanding characters in law enforcement stories.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:McAdams character description is literally Lois Lane. Just replace 'detective' with 'reporter and it's basically the same character.
... or it describes any number of upstanding characters in law enforcement stories.
Was about to say this.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Silver Heart has to relate everything to comic books.

Anyway, McAdams excites me the most of the cast by far.

I'm excited to see Vaughn in a more sinister role again. I wonder who will have the screen chewing Rust Cohle role in this season. The character who expresses Pizzolatto's more bizarre interests.

Addicted2Movies wrote:I'm excited to see Vaughn in a more sinister role again. I wonder who will have the screen chewing Rust Cohle role in this season.
Reports have suggested that will indeed be McAdam's character.

Allstar wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:I'm excited to see Vaughn in a more sinister role again. I wonder who will have the screen chewing Rust Cohle role in this season.
Reports have suggested that will indeed be McAdam's character.
Interesting, the description of her characters seems to point towards a different direction than Rust's philosophy. With Rust
we had a character who started in darkness and ascended into a more optimistic mindset but with this new character maybe we'll see the opposite happen