True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'd like to see Bale and John Hawkes as the next detectives (if they end up reusing the partners dynamic). Michael Shannon and Bale would also be something else.
It seems like the only agreed upon theory on forums is that there's some kind of cult pulling the strings, everything else wildly diverges from there.

chom wrote:I'd like to see Bale and John Hawkes as the next detectives (if they end up reusing the partners dynamic). Michael Shannon and Bale would also be something else.
This never crossed my mind before, but I absolutely love it. Pairing nearly anyone with Hawke would give that same kind of dynamic that the show has now.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I'm gonna check this booty out once it finishes its run for the season
But anticipation for the next episode is part of the experience.

Might have been posted before, but it's an interesting watch:

I don't know if this was brought up already, but there's a theory that Cohle and Hart team up during the 2012 timeline to find the killer once and for all. It's evidenced by an image in that above video (possible spoiler for the next episode?):

Cilogy wrote:I don't know if this was brought up already, but there's a theory that Cohle and Hart team up during the 2012 timeline to find the killer once and for all. It's evidenced by an image in that above video (possible spoiler for the next episode?):
I don't even think it's a theory anymore. It's pretty much the only way I can imagine the story will continue.

Also, cool video, I've already seen it, but it's pretty informative :thumbup:

Ruth wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I don't know if this was brought up already, but there's a theory that Cohle and Hart team up during the 2012 timeline to find the killer once and for all. It's evidenced by an image in that above video (possible spoiler for the next episode?):
I don't even think it's a theory anymore. It's pretty much the only way I can imagine the story will continue.

This has the potential to be better than Breaking Bad if they can keep it up so fingers crossed.

Forum Pro
Law
Anyone else see Sam Rockwell here? It's as if they're telling us something

Law wrote:Anyone else see Sam Rockwell here? It's as if they're telling us something

Yes, I had the same thought.

Has the last episode aired yet? Or is it running right now?