Death Note (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:Killing criminals is still murder
You're a good Christian aren't you?

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:Light is an asshole who thinks he's god. Nothing justifiable about any of his actions and this seems to go out of its way to provide a justification or rationalization for his actions. Nope, nope, nope. Killing criminals is still murder, the reasons do not matter in the slightest and Light is a serial killer in the manga and the anime. Nothing heroic or debatable about that.
Oh dear...don't watch Dexter whatever you do.
I don't have any interest in watching it.

Batfan175 wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:Light is an asshole who thinks he's god. Nothing justifiable about any of his actions and this seems to go out of its way to provide a justification or rationalization for his actions. Nope, nope, nope. Killing criminals is still murder, the reasons do not matter in the slightest and Light is a serial killer in the manga and the anime. Nothing heroic or debatable about that.
Oh dear...don't watch Dexter whatever you do.
I don't have any interest in watching it.
Not a sin to watch it tho. So you're clear if that's what worries you.

RIFA wrote:Not a sin to watch it tho. So you're clear if that's what worries you.
No but I hate media that suggests that violence is somehow a constructive and/or justifiable means to achieve socio-political goals.

Also, I'm agnostic to answer your earlier question.

Batfan175 wrote:No but I hate media that suggests that violence is somehow a constructive and/or justifiable means to achieve socio-political goals.
1. Why do you hate it? I mean why the word "hate" in the first place?
2. Why would a show that has that somehow needs to suggest that as well? Can't it just be a show made for entertainment?
3. If that's the case then can't you enjoy entertainment for what it is? Without applying your own socio-political beliefs and your own moral compass?

The film seems to at the least acknowledge that what Light is doing is evil

Of course just plainly spelling out Light as a character is no better than fetishizing Light as a psuedo edgy asshole

But Ill reserve judgment till I see the film

Spert wrote:The film seems to at the least acknowledge that what Light is doing is evil

Of course just plainly spelling out Light as a character is no better than fetishizing Light as a psuedo edgy asshole

But Ill reserve judgment till I see the film
And the anime didn't?£

It did. It was pretty evident early on.

So apparently it's awful. Who would have guessed?